PDA

View Full Version : Outdated thread

lavinog
August 12th, 2008, 10:05 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=189192
located in tutorials and tips, should be closed or archived since it no longer applies to releases newer than feisty. Adding "outdated" to the title may also be a good idea.

jpeddicord
August 13th, 2008, 08:54 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=189192
located in tutorials and tips, should be closed or archived since it no longer applies to releases newer than feisty. Adding "outdated" to the title may also be a good idea.

How about moving it to the Outdated Tutorials & Tips forum? ;)
It is pretty outdated, so I went ahead and moved it there.

(In the future, it would probably be quicker to use the Report button, located on the bottom left of every post.)

lukjad007
August 13th, 2008, 09:00 PM
But, isn't the Report button ONLY for reporting bad or rude post?

-grubby
August 13th, 2008, 09:02 PM
But, isn't the Report button ONLY for reporting bad or rude post?

No, it isn't. The report text is confusing, though. You can report threads for all sorts of things.. like being moved, or having the title changed, etc.

lukjad007
August 13th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Well why doesn't it SAY that? :(

cyberdork33
August 13th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Well why doesn't it SAY that? :(
It does.

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, requesting posts be moved or deleted, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Underline emphasis is mine.

LaRoza
August 13th, 2008, 09:23 PM
No, it isn't. The report text is confusing, though. You can report threads for all sorts of things.. like being moved, or having the title changed, etc.

The Guide to Forum Features (sticky in this forum, linked to in my sig) explains it more.

As for the report text, considering the number of reports asking for tech support or replying to the poster, it isn't strong enough.

jpeddicord
August 13th, 2008, 09:34 PM
The Guide to Forum Features (sticky in this forum, linked to in my sig) explains it more.

As for the report text, considering the number of reports asking for tech support or replying to the poster, it isn't strong enough.

Indeed. -.-

Basically, if a post requires moderator action, it can be reported.

lavinog
August 13th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Thank you for the info.
I wasn't sure if it would work for threads and not just individual posts.
I also didn't want to bump the thread and bring it to the attention of new users.

lisati
August 13th, 2008, 10:00 PM
We always have the option of providing a comment with our report as to why we are reporting it, whether it's a problem with a particular post, the whole thread, or whatever...... let's go easy on the forum moderators......

LaRoza
August 13th, 2008, 10:02 PM
We always have the option of providing a comment with our report as to why we are reporting it, whether it's a problem with a particular post, the whole thread, or whatever...... let's go easy on the forum moderators......

I think sending text with a report is required. Sometimes we get vague reports and we miss the issue.