PDA

View Full Version : Threads getting closed for no reason

clash
August 12th, 2008, 07:41 AM
This is an off-topic forum to discuss anything.

Twice now I have been involved in threads in which there was noone insulting anyone else, just intelligent discussion and they have been closed.

Why ?

LaRoza
August 12th, 2008, 07:43 AM
This is an off-topic forum to discuss anything.

Twice now I have been involved in threads in which there was noone insulting anyone else, just intelligent discussion and they have been closed.

Why ?

I think this is best made in the Resolution Centre, but I think p_quarles closed them for creating un-needed tension for some people and not being in the spirit of the forums (perhaps because they involved internation issues and created un-needed division)

I am not going to say that is why, but that I what I think is the reason.

Do you want this in the Resolution Centre?

Canis familiaris
August 12th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Sometimes threads are closed for people to cool down first and then re-opened later. (IT happened with me once(though I had requested it))

KiwiNZ
August 12th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I have moved this here as it is the most appropriate locaction for this

KiwiNZ
August 12th, 2008, 08:03 AM
If you are referring to the three recently closed threads in the OmG purple ponies . There were posts made in each of those threads by staff explaining the closure.

clash
August 12th, 2008, 10:44 AM
If you are referring to the three recently closed threads in the OmG purple ponies . There were posts made in each of those threads by staff explaining the closure.

Yep and the reason for the china-tibet closure given was "The off-topic area only works when people can keep their scorn for opposing viewpoints at a polite level of restraint."

There was nothing in the thread that doesn't appear on the main forums for such topics as support.

Maybe I missed something but to me it was a completely polite and intelligent discussion. There was no name calling, there was no bad language used towards any individual. I was probably the main guy on one side of the argument and I have no ill feelings towards anyone nor did I feel any tension whatsoever towards anyone.

So what was the problem ?

KiwiNZ
August 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I will review the threads in question and come back

KiwiNZ
August 12th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I have opened two of the threads . The one I have left closed is more or less a duplicate.

I have put notes in each of the threads I have opened. If they deteriorate or breach the forum code they will be closed again.