PDA

View Full Version : [mythbuntu] how do i run Mythfilldatabase ????

Peterfc
August 11th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Hi All

I am getting to grips with MythTv media center. I have just been asked have i run Mythfilldatabase or is Mythfilldatabase running.I am sorry but i don't know where to start to find a Mythfilldatabase.

Thanks for reading.

Dell dimension 2400 series Celeron 80gb hard drive 1gb ram dvd/rw

tamoneya
August 12th, 2008, 05:38 PM
im pretty sure that mythfilldatabase is run automatically every time you open up the control center for myth.

eldragon
August 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM
i have a similar problem, ive got to grab the data through a xmltv grabber. yet, every time im running out of info, i have to manually run the grabber.........

is this correct?

thusgaard
August 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I am getting to grips with MythTv media center. I have just been asked have i run Mythfilldatabase or is Mythfilldatabase running.I am sorry but i don't know where to start to find a Mythfilldatabase.

Mythfilldatabase can be run from a terminal (command line). It can be set to run at a specific time with a Cron job.

I'm new at myth and Linux my self and have huge problems with XMLTV, the DK version is a little off. I know only of Cron by name!

J;-)

eldragon
August 23rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Mythfilldatabase can be run from a terminal (command line). It can be set to run at a specific time with a Cron job.

I'm new at myth and Linux my self and have huge problems with XMLTV, the DK version is a little off. I know only of Cron by name!

J;-)

yes, ive set a cronjob to run once a week, it works, but i thought the backend did this already on its own......

czarr
August 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
mythfilldatabase will run automatically on the backend if you set it to. open up a terminal and run "sudo mythtv-setup" to find out. i think its in the general options.