PDA

View Full Version : [other] Dell inspiron 1525 Ubuntu Studio problem

Ixes
August 11th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I used to have a dell inspiron 6400 core 2 duo with Ubuntu Studio running perfectly fine; now I have a dell inspiron 1525 pentium dual core and its running with issues.. its hard to start the computer, as its loading it displays red bars and then green and it never starts and it takes 2 or 3 attempts to actually start, tryed re-installing it and didnt help and it mentioned something about xserv error, and the desktop effects run not as good... I would appreciate if anyone could help out..

Ichido
August 12th, 2008, 12:40 AM
What you describe sounds like a Hardware Issue.
First I would try, with the PC shut down, hold down the Fn key as you press the Power-On button. This is a "Start-up" boot test for Hardware.
The Fn button is on the Bottom Left side of the keyboard, between the Ctrl Key and the "Weird" Button with a Black Circle containing 4 little Bent Squares ;-)
Have you tried the Dell Forum?
http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board?board.id=insp_video

Try it.

Good Luck.

Ixes
August 13th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks! I did that and everything is running great so I guess its not a hardware issue:(

Ixes
September 30th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Im kinda lost here.. I heard from this guy that it could be my BIOS version that messes ubuntu.. the thing is that it doesnt start from time to time, so its not like always but I have to force the shutdown and turn it on again for it to actually start.. its not a hardware isue, already checked on that.. now I am running ubuntu studio 64bits though.. should I go with 32bit???? Please help!

ItalOz
September 30th, 2008, 03:43 PM
now I am running ubuntu studio 64bits though.. should I go with 32bit???? Please help!

The only thing I can tell you is that I run Ubuntu 8.04 64bits on my brand new inspiron 1525 with 4gb of ram that came with vista pre-installed and now I have dual boot.

Everything works perfectly.

So ubuntu runs on that computer, must be something else. :confused: