PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't even burn it to a disk!

Xm3buX
August 11th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I just downloaded ubuntu, and I'm trying to burn it to a disk using InfraRecorder, but I can't find the file! I've watched some videos, and they all show that after the download, something comes on your desktop, but nothing went on my desktop when it finnished downloading.
So I can't even burn the thing onto a disk to install Ubuntu, please help!

Betziana
August 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Perhaps you should check where your browser downloads the stuff?

If the default download place isn't your desktop, then of course nothing comes on your desktop :)

Go to the browser, check tools, you should find downloads. Somewhere there is should read where in downloads everything.

bumanie
August 11th, 2008, 04:43 PM
It depends where the download was sent. Sometimes, alternative paths, other than the desktop are used - without being able to see your computer, it's hard to say where it may have been downloaded to. You could find a small download and check the destination path - it is likely the ubuntu .iso would have been sent to the same location.

Xm3buX
August 11th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Perhaps you should check where your browser downloads the stuff?

If the default download place isn't your desktop, then of course nothing comes on your desktop :)

Go to the browser, check tools, you should find downloads. Somewhere there is should read where in downloads everything.

I don't think it's that, as usually when I download stuff, it appears on my desktop.

Betziana
August 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Hmm. Weird.

When you started the download, there wasn't any icon on your desktop?

Did you try to simply download it again?

Xm3buX
August 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Hmm. Weird.

When you started the download, there wasn't any icon on your desktop?

Did you try to simply download it again?
I'll try download it again now.

EDIT: Ok, I just started the download, and it's already on my desktop, now I just have to wait and see if I can burn it.
Thanks!

appi2012
August 11th, 2008, 05:07 PM
You could search your computer for "ubuntu". I'm guessing there will be only one result.

Xm3buX
August 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
You could search your computer for "ubuntu". I'm guessing there will be only one result.
I try'd that, but got no results. But it's fine now, everything seems to be working.
Thanks anyway.

Xm3buX
August 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Ok, it's just finnished downloading, but when I try and burn it, it keeps on saying "insert disk", even though I already have :(
Any reason as to why this may be?
I've try'd taking the disk out and putting it back in multiple times, but alas, to no avail.

Dylock
August 11th, 2008, 06:21 PM
1) Are you sure there is nothing on the disc already?
2) Are you able to burn other cds with InfraRecorder?
3) You might try checking out here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/infrarecorder/?abmode=1 and maybe the forums will help you guide you to a solution.

Shazaam
August 11th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Have you tried burning the downloaded .iso as an image to cd?