PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Linksys WAG200G Router Page wont open on Ubuntu

adyscorpius
August 8th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I am using Ubuntu Hardy since a month now, and even though the Wireless internet works perfectly, I am unable to access the router page @ 192.168.1.1 for configuration

I can ping at 192.168.1.1, access the internet, connect to network computers over the same wireless but nothing else.

The problem is also that the router can otherwise be accessed and configured using Firefox on Windows Vista, or even a LiveCD of OpenSUSE 11, so the error being in Firefox is ruled out.

I've tried with Firefox and Opera on the Ubuntu 8.04 that i'm currently using, but of no use.

After accessing 192.168.1.1, and entering the username and password, the address bar shows the following page, but it only keeps loading forever with a blank screen.
http://192.168.1.1/setup.cgi?next_file=Setup.htm

What could be the solution?? its really irritating..

Trollslayer
August 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I have the same problem with a Netgear RP614 router, it seems to have a problem with Firefox. I had to dual boot to Windows to szet it up.

adyscorpius
August 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Can anyone please look into it and find a solution.. Its really a wierd problem.

Can other Linksys WAG200G users access the config normally ???

EddyA
October 14th, 2008, 11:11 PM
I have the same problem with a wag200g, This is on a mac-mini running ubuntu, with firefox.

If I reboot into macos10.4 and use safari then all is well.

I've reflashed the modem to the 1.06 software. No change.

Any ideas anyone?

jasonbrisbane
November 3rd, 2008, 03:07 AM
I have a Dlink router and have also used Billion router.

They both can access the config page for the routers so its not a Linux issue.

I know that you CAN change the default page for the settings. Someone May have changed the settings to use a different port instead of port 80 for the settings.

Can you connect to it under Windows (of any type)?