PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of Expression

gn2
August 8th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Off topic trolling has been removed, in case you noticed weird thread behavior.

Ah, freedom of expression, don't you just love it.

LaRoza
August 8th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Ah, freedom of expression, don't you just love it.

Never heard of it.

gn2
August 8th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Never heard of it.

Have a look at Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

LaRoza
August 8th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Have a look at Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Look at the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct and follow it.

LaRoza
August 8th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Thread moved to Resolution Centre because it is about moderation of another thread (separated from original thread)

matthew
August 8th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Your freedom of expression as a presumed American has not been infringed. You are just as capable today of writing your own texts and publishing them on your own site as you were before you joined this forum. Our site is moderated. That is clearly stated in the Forum CoC, which you agreed to.

Next, after being forwarded a PM from you to a staff member where you told them in a rude and arrogant manner what you thought they should go and do to themselves, you have received a temporary ban for seven days. This is still under review and could be changed after further discussion.

LaRoza
August 8th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Your freedom of expression as a presumed American has not been infringed.

Scot, I think.

matthew
August 8th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Scot, I think.
My mistake. The comment still applies.

gn2
August 15th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Look at the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct and follow it.

Could you elaborate on "and follow it"?

Did you preserve my allegedly insulting post(s?) so that they can be discussed, as you are supposed to?

Are you aware that personal possession of firearms is not a political issue in many countries, it is a moral issue?

Why would you wish to stifle debate on the issue of personal firearms ownership?

Do you think it is right that an allegedly civilised nation allows it's citizens to buy machines that are purpose built for killing over the counter in a shop and freely carry them around in public?

Are you aware of cultural and linguistic differences that exist in other parts of the world, particularly acronyms that may be mis-interpreted?

KiwiNZ
August 15th, 2008, 09:18 AM
This is not the arena to debate the Gun issue. This area is for the resolution of issues with staff decisions etc.

The posts that recieved infractions are intact and can be viewed from your profile.

Just a point regarding posts , inline with the COC staff reserve the right to delete posts should it be deemed appropriate

gn2
August 15th, 2008, 09:51 AM
This is not the arena to debate the Gun issue. This area is for the resolution of issues with staff decisions etc.

The posts that recieved infractions are intact and can be viewed from your profile.

Just a point regarding posts , inline with the COC staff reserve the right to delete posts should it be deemed appropriate

Thanks for that KiwiNZ, I have looked in my profile at the posts that incurred infractions and for the life of me I fail to see that there is anything of an insulting nature in either of them.

This one (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5544648#post5544648) was a method of disposing of a firearm and was intended to be humorous.
OK perhaps not everyone saw it as such, but can you see any insult contained in it?

This one (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=5544864&postcount=3) was merely a straightforward answer to this question (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=5544774&postcount=1)
Why on earth has it received a permanent infraction?
I suppose the phrase "vile gun culture", well in my opinion it is vile.
Am I not to be allowed to express my opinion on this issue?

I would ask that the permanency of this infraction be amended so that it is allowed to expire along with the other one.

KiwiNZ
August 15th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I must admit to being somewhat at a loss as well.

I am at the advantage as not being involved with previous exchanges regarding this.
I am considering what to do .

Back soon

KiwiNZ
August 15th, 2008, 10:22 AM
After giving these thought I do not believe the posts concerned breached the code of conduct.

I will reverse the infractions

gn2
August 15th, 2008, 02:04 PM
After giving these thought I do not believe the posts concerned breached the code of conduct.

I will reverse the infractions

Thank you for dealing with this matter quickly and efficiently.