PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Realtek RTL8187

segamaster222
August 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Well I want to install linux and try to get it up and running today, I am an advanced windows user but I know almost nothing about linux. So I'm guessing installing my drivers wont be easy for me but I'm willing to learn this operating system.

Let me get started

I have a Asus m2n32 sli deluxe motherboard with the Realtek RTL8187 adapter built in. When i switch over to ubuntu I need to put all the stuff i need on a flash drive which is no problem. It's just I don't know what things to put on there and i don't know what i'm supposed to do after. I guess thats why I'm here :).

In conclusion if theirs anyone who can link me to the correct drivers and see if they can help me get started. Once i get to the internet I will be fine.

Thanks eveyrone.

segamaster222
August 6th, 2008, 08:14 PM
bump, sorry it's just that it went to the 2nd/3rd page because of the database errors.

Dorrax
August 7th, 2008, 01:11 AM
bump, I have this problem too.

Lori700698
August 7th, 2008, 02:34 AM
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/searchView.aspx?keyword=rtl8187

I would download the B, save it to your desktop then unzip it to the desktop. Go to systems, admin, then the wireless drivers at the bottom. Open and add driver point it to the .inf file inside the RTl8187 folder (you need the whole folder though) if you install it and it says yes you are good to go if it says no you may need one of the other letters. Usually ndiswrapper needs re-booted.