PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ultimate Edition 8.04

killertea
August 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM
i have Ubuntu 8.04 Ultimate Edition, and ever once in a while i will be online using Firefox 2. something. due to it just closing on me, that also happen to me while using Firefox 3. so i ask are internet tech and he said that it has something to do with the adobe flash player, so he told me to download opera and i did and it works better then Firefox, but now here's the thing i can't login to my myspace account, i put my email and my password and it loads up and shows my profile and then puts me back to the main menu.

the problems are.

1. Firefox shuts off when i am in the middle of something.
2. i have problems with ren-py i don't know how to update it.
3. i downloaded the newest ren-py but it wants to run off the virtual box.
4. can't really log on to myspace using opera.
5. i am trying to use this web site to get a layout for my myspace and gaiaonline accounts.( i don't know how to put the code in the myspace account.
6. my compiz-get is not working right meaning. everything from the cube to the minimize maximize exit buttons go bye bye when i chose from the appearance preferences/visual effects/custom, just will not work.

but when i chose the none on the visual effects my minimize maximize exit
come back.

questions.

1. how do i fix all of these problems?
2. how can i transfer stuff from my Ubuntu to my virtual box?
3. what stuff do i need to be ably to play my ps2 games on my computer i know there is some type of software that will be ably to do that, but i can't figure out how to do it, use it.
4. how to i use ren-py/ update or upgrade.
5. should i hate Ubuntu?
6. i can't input my myspace code layout thingy, how do i do that, casuse when i try to input the my space code, i go to the part where it says edit profile, and then after a few seconds Firefox closes on me.
7. how do i get/ delete the the tracker thing that shows up on the top panel.
8. is there a way that i can change my ip address so i can log on to a web site that has banned my account?

please help me, i am not really new but i could be called a noob, but just help me

P.S_ i know how to use the terminal really real i mean yea.

killertea
August 7th, 2008, 08:19 PM
bump i need help... please help me with this... i have been living with this problem for over 3 months now so please help me.

darco
August 7th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Edition is a super tweaked Ubuntu so you mya want to ask UE for their help. They have their own forum.

good luck

darco