PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] simple software for naming and flipping digital photos?

BetterSense
August 5th, 2008, 05:30 PM
After uploading my photos, the first thing I want to do is name them and flip the ones that are sideways. The buildin photo viewer software lets me flip the images but doesn't actually save them that way.

Is there a very simple program that allows me to quickly page through a bunch of raw photos and simply name and flip them, without having to open a whole folder of files with Gimp and individually resave them?

limasierra
August 5th, 2008, 05:35 PM
You can open them with gThumb: select the photos and then right click them > Open With > Open with "gThumb Image Viewer".
You can handle your images, rename them and when you close gThumb it will ask for saving them if you haven't already.

BetterSense
August 5th, 2008, 05:37 PM
cool I'll give gThumb a try

timcredible
August 5th, 2008, 06:25 PM
digikam is a great photo management/editing/naming/flipping/etc. program. it's very easy to use. it's in synaptic. also install kipi-plugins to get a bunch more utilities to use with it.

chris_nava
August 5th, 2008, 08:51 PM
F-Spot Photo Manager (under Applications : Graphics) will allow you to rotate, rename and tag your photos.
However, it's not exactly "simple" as it has lots of other features as well.