PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Digital tv tuner...

hardyn
August 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Okey... i am in the process of building a DVR and having alot of trouble getting the audio to work with my old MSI tv@nywhere. so, as my time is valuable is more economical to by something that will work; not burn up all my weekends compiling modprobing. I am all ready to run out and buy a PVR-150, however as the analog to digital change is happening in about 6months, the analog pvr-150 will be obsolete after febuary.

what should i be looking for in a card that will be easily configurable in mythtv, be compatible with current analog technology, and be usable as a digital tuner after the change (and less than 100$ would be nice too). I am located in canada, as i understand region makes a really big different in digital tv technology.

thanks in advance for help.

wolfen69
August 5th, 2008, 05:11 PM
from the hauppauge website (http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr150.html): "This Hauppauge WinTV product has only an analog broadcast tuner and will require a converter box after February 17, 2009 to receive over-the-air broadcasts with an antenna in the United States because of the transition to digital broadcasting in North America. Analog only TV receivers will continue to work as before with cable TV and satellite TV receivers, plus other video devices such as camcorders and VCRs."

in other words, it will continue to work with cable and satellite.