PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] connection to router

habuchas
August 5th, 2008, 06:37 AM
I have installed Ubuntu 7 and upgraded to 8.04 and all was working fine. I was getting out to the web through my linksys router with no problems. All of a sudden I booted up today and the information scrolling during boot stopped at sendmail for a abnormal long time. Finally it came up to the login screen. After logging in I found that I had no connection to the internet. I looked at services and they were all locked. I did an 'unlock' but it did not take. I can go through the 'unlock' and put in the password and services appear to be available. Shut the window and reopen and services are back to 'locked'. I have checked the cat5 cable using my WinXP laptop and it is OK. There are 4 computers in the house, 2 wireless laptops (WinXP) and 2 desktops (1 WinXP, 1 Ubuntu). Only the Ubuntu desktop is having problems. All were working for the last month or so.
Any help would be appreciated.
chas.............

habuchas
August 8th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Obviously no one has a clue as to how to solve this problem or it is tooooo simple to solve and I am tooooo stupid to see the simple solution.
Is there a secret to restoring some 'default' initial configuration or must I simply rebuild the whole damn thing. Took me the better part of 2 days to get it configured the way I wanted and to upgrade from 7.1 to 8x. At least thanks for looking.
chas....................