PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] .mts files and Ubuntu

biomedtech
August 3rd, 2008, 12:54 AM
Is there a more specific forum for avchd topics?

I had one heck of a time getting my miniDV sony camcorder to be recognised in Feisty, and ended up punting back to an old Mac. Now that I've purchased a high def camcorder (Panasonic hdc-sd9), I've haven't seen much info about using it under Linux. The AVS forum has about 2 threads covering the topic, but I was hoping the idea might be better represented here. Thank you.

cocacolaboy
December 5th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hi! I have just mounted this camera in Intrepid. As PC-Connect mode, the device is mounted as a mass storage device. In Pictbridge mode Intrepid, by default, recognizes the device name.

In both modes you cannot retrieve videos from the device. However, it is something I am working on, and if I am succesful, I will post back here

Erlander
December 6th, 2008, 12:20 PM
My Sony HDR-SR11E is recognised as a 60 GB hard disc and I can copy the files across to the Ubuntu pc.

In another thread 2 days ago I read about Handbrake which will convert the AVCHD files to other formats. I have tried it on both 1440 x 1024 and 1920 x 1024 and can get very good quality conversions.

Handbrake can be downloaded from http://handbrake.fr/ and it is also in the repositories. You need the 0.9.3 version.

Rob