PDA

View Full Version : Ibex concept madness. ;]

longfire
August 2nd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Hey all,

With all the ubuntu mockups coming out for Ibex I thought I'd share my current workspace. The images below are based on a thread that I was involved in awhile back.

The metacity is based on FreeTime a metacity that was on gnome-look a year ago. I merged it with Human style buttons and added gloss. I created one for default ubuntu and ubuntu studio. The gtk is industrial as it seemed to work the best with dark colors more so than Murrine or clearlooks. I'll get the theme files posted soon if anyone is interested.

joshdudeha
August 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
They're very nice (:
Like them a lot, apart from on the first one... the metacity - where you've glossed it, looks like its kinda transparent. Anyhow, I'd use this man (:

lyceum
August 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Looks good for Ubuntu Studio, but I am sure it is not brown enough for Ubuntu ;)

OutOfReach
August 2nd, 2008, 09:26 PM
I agree with lyceum they do look really cool, sleek and glossy. But it's not really right for Ubuntu's brown/orange theme.

Thirtysixway
August 2nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
I like the 2nd one with the blue.
Nice

longfire
August 8th, 2008, 02:01 AM
As promised here is the slick orange and blue metacity files.

Also here is my current panel bar. The panel works best at 30 pixels or smaller.

longfire
August 8th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Oh! The gtk that best matches the metacity is industrial. Here are some screenshots so you can color grab if ya like. Eventually I'll package all this.

Aelfric5578
August 8th, 2008, 03:11 AM
I feel like I should know this, but how does one change the colors of entries on the panel? Right now, when I set up the panels using the longfire's image, I get black text on a black background. In the original screenshots, everything is very legible.

longfire
August 8th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Here I packaged the files. I hope this helps.

Slick blue and Slick Orange is the dark theme. The Slick Blue White and Slick Orange White is the lighter version.

The lighter version doesn't look as good but its a must if your using Open Office or apps that have issues with dark colors.

However the dark themes work well with the most gnome apps (abiword, synaptic, epiphany..etc).

longfire
August 8th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Hmm I just realized something.

Slick Blue White and Slick Orange White work but you need the metacity already installed.

The regular Slick Blue and Slick Orange are packaged correctly.

Crafty Kisses
August 9th, 2008, 08:32 AM
These are some of the better ones I've seen, I'm really digging these.