PDA

View Full Version : [other] Dual Monitor for ATI Radeon X1650

GMU_ninja
August 2nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
I recently installed the OS fresh. The only changes I made are to get the Xserver to work right with the accelerated drivers; I added this to the end of the xorg.conf file:

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "disable"
EndSection

I then attempted this solution for the dual monitors:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1773710

But it didn't work. All I want is the dual monitors to work right. I don't really care about the accelerated graphics (which the Administration -> Hardware Drivers tool says is not enabled and are not in use anyways). I attached the currently in use xorg.conf file.

The Preferences -> Screen Resolution tool appears to detect both monitors, but I won't split them!

Any help? Any ideas?

My Setup: Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy)
Kernel Linux 2.6.24-19-generic
GNOME 2.22.3

Video Card: SAPPHIRE 100198L Radeon X1650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102086)

Monitors: Samsung SyncMaster 225BW, widescreen (DVI); NEC MultiSync LCD 1760V (VGA)

GMU_ninja
August 6th, 2008, 01:45 PM
All I want is the dual monitors to work right. I don't really care about the accelerated graphics (which the Administration -> Hardware Drivers tool says is not enabled and are not in use anyways).

Alright, I lied...

I do care about 3D acceleration and OpenGL Direct Rendering.

I just installed Cedega and it needs those two things to work (which currently do not work).

Any help??

GMU_ninja
August 14th, 2008, 06:58 PM
It's been a week with no response...

I thought that I would add some information:

When I enable the ATI proprietary drivers, the system will not boot. It will go through the boot procedure, and about when it should go to a splash screen (with the load bar) it crashes into a black screen (screens are still on, but blank).

Any suggestions? Do I need to provide more info?

Should I go someplace else for installation support?

GMU_ninja
September 6th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Still no reply... anyone willing to help?

I am open to any ideas!