PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Getting Back Bottom Pannel

diego898
August 1st, 2008, 09:58 PM
I deleted the bottom panel where all of my programs go when I minize them. How do I get it back?

vikramaditya
August 1st, 2008, 10:07 PM
You can restore Gnome Panels to default, thusly. Open Terminal & copy paste the following commands...hit your "Enter" key after each one.

gconftool-2 --shutdown
Then enter the next command:

rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel
And enter one more command:

pkill gnome-panel
Your panels will reappear after the last action.

kspncr
August 1st, 2008, 10:38 PM
I deleted the bottom panel where all of my programs go when I minize them. How do I get it back?

You can right-click on the top panel and click "add new panel" and it will put the panel back on the bottom. Then right click on the bottom panel and click "add to panel" to re-add the things that were on the panel (eg, the deleted items folder, workplace switcher, etc.)

diego898
August 1st, 2008, 10:44 PM
You can right-click on the top panel and click "add new panel" and it will put the panel back on the bottom. Then right click on the bottom panel and click "add to panel" to re-add the things that were on the panel (eg, the deleted items folder, workplace switcher, etc.)

Will that add the ability for my programs to go back there?

kspncr
August 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. You want to minimize your windows to the bottom panel? Choose "window list" from the "add to panel" list and you will be able to minimize.

SunnyRabbiera
August 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. You want to minimize your windows to the bottom panel? Choose "window list" from the "add to panel" list and you will be able to minimize.

right, the windows list is our equivalent to the windows taskbar.

navic101
October 12th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Hi thanks for the rapid responses. Alt tab has allowed me to view all the open windows and close and view them. However it would be nice if they were tabbed at the bottom of the screen for me to view without alt tab.

Any suggestions?