PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Install Sytem Freeze and Error

Kwamz
August 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Hi
I am new to the forums and writting because I have a with my Ubuntu Installation.I installed ubuntu at first and I used 8GB and it was enough for me so I had to start the installation again.

I have been having some partition poroblems, where I would get erroe messages like swap disk space error. I was having a problem with that for a while until I deereased the amount of Disk space from 30 to 20 GB. But now when I try to install it freezes at 30%. I have searched the forums and nobody seems to be having the problem.

BTW I am using virtualbox to install ubuntu and I have updated everything to date. I am using a MacBook Pro.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

cyberdork33
August 1st, 2008, 04:14 PM
Hi
I am new to the forums and writting because I have a with my Ubuntu Installation.I installed ubuntu at first and I used 8GB and it was enough for me so I had to start the installation again.

I have been having some partition poroblems, where I would get erroe messages like swap disk space error. I was having a problem with that for a while until I deereased the amount of Disk space from 30 to 20 GB. But now when I try to install it freezes at 30%. I have searched the forums and nobody seems to be having the problem.

BTW I am using virtualbox to install ubuntu and I have updated everything to date. I am using a MacBook Pro.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
If you are using virtualbox, just delete the virtual machine and start from scratch.

Kwamz
August 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM
Do you mean the whole software as a whole if not I am not quite sure where the actual Virtual Machine is.

Thanks for the quick reply

Kwamz
August 1st, 2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks I have got it sorted.
I never knew it was that simple.
Thanks

cyberdork33
August 1st, 2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks I have got it sorted.
I never knew it was that simple.
Thanks
A VM is quite different from installing "on your mac". partitioning and such only affects the 'virtual' hardware. For this reason you can jsut throw it away and create a new one when you need to. It is also very easy to make a copy of all the VM files once you have your system running how you want. This way if something breaks, you can just make a copy of your backup, and you are all set to go already.