PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to set up connection between D-link DI524 wireless router n Aztech dsl605e modem?

remy7771
August 1st, 2008, 11:35 AM
hello dude,i'm using streamyx n the Aztech DSL605E modem.i just bought a D-link(DI-524) wireless router n follow the installation guide to set up the connection but it didn't work...May i know how to set up the connection between both modem n wireless router? Anyone can help? Thanks...

superprash2003
August 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM
basically you could enable dhcp in the modem,disable dhcp in the wifi router.connect a cable from LAN port of modem to LAN port of router.. and you should get a ip on your machine

remy7771
August 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM
:confused: 1st of all,I'd like tothank you for ur suggestion...i had try on it also didn't work,all the necessary setting on the router also correct too. N i want to ask at WAN connect i choose dynamic PPPOE n fill in all the username,password but why the PPPOE cannot be connected?Is that still have anything need to configurate at the modem setting there...Thanks

superprash2003
August 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Where are you filling in the ppoe details?modem or wifi router??if your following the above setup i mentioned, then you have to fill it in the moderm

remy7771
August 5th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks dude for still providing the direction to me...last time i used Riger DB102 modem its easy to set on the web configuration there but now i'm using the Aztech DSL605e modem n i have no idea how to fill up the setting on it...N i want to ask at the modem configuration pages just set the WAN connection only?right?

superprash2003
August 5th, 2008, 12:49 PM
yes..

orpheus9
September 26th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Dear Superprash2003,

I'm having a different problem with my Ubuntu Hardy heron. Im using Streamyx as my IP. The last six months i have been using my laptop and everything fine but last week my laptop refuse to connect to internet. i tried and change the WPA to LEAP and WPE Personal and Enterprise etc. but fail. Can you tell me this. To connect to Streamyx i have to key in the password. so in Ubuntu which one should i use? WPA or WPE or LEAP or what?