PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] TV as Monitor

sithpigeon
July 31st, 2008, 07:03 PM
I have an Nvidia Geforce 2 gts card in my Ubuntu 8.04 desktop, an s-video to rca cable, and an older black "tube" tv that has a vcr connected so it can use rca. I know it's old but I'm wondering if I can use the tv as a monitor for playing small games and watching dvds since they don't need very good resolution.

prshah
July 31st, 2008, 08:32 PM
I have an Nvidia Geforce 2 gts card in my Ubuntu 8.04 desktop, an s-video to rca cable, and an older black "tube" tv that has a vcr connected so it can use rca. I know it's old but I'm wondering if I can use the tv as a monitor for playing small games and watching dvds since they don't need very good resolution.

Take a look at my previously posted thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=709155) about this.

sithpigeon
August 1st, 2008, 03:11 AM
That doesn't really help me because right now when I plug it in I don't get any display from the computer onto the tv.

overdrank
August 1st, 2008, 05:15 AM
That doesn't really help me because right now when I plug it in I don't get any display from the computer onto the tv.

Hi and you may try the nvidia-settings
gksu nvidia-settings
If they are not installed you can use synaptic manager to install them.

cariboo
August 1st, 2008, 05:23 AM
Give nvtv a try it is available in the repositories. You can use Add/Remove PRograms, Synaptic Package Manager or of course the command line.

Jim

Living2007
August 1st, 2008, 07:30 AM
This can be a mucky posses. Back when i was very young, a black tv was used as demo TV. The teacher told us what to do and he showed us how he did it on the TV.

To do this. You will need a set of cables. I don't know if you use PAL, but you will need a cable that contains video and sound input to the TV.

Search on Google for the instruction.