PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] convert .AVI to MPG wont play in WindI didows

uinthas
July 31st, 2008, 06:37 AM
hello,

I recently captured some of my daughters video from my camcorder. I had to capture it in AVI which is huge, some of my clips are 300MB with only a few minutes of play.

Anyway I installed ACIDRIP and ripped my AVI file to MPG, significanly reduced the size of the file, and the quality is still great, however because my wife will not use Ubuntu, I had to copy it back over to Vista, it will not play on Windows Media Player or Quicktime, says it cannot read the file, any idea's of what I can do?

Shunsuke_01
July 31st, 2008, 07:14 AM
hello,

I recently captured some of my daughters video from my camcorder. I had to capture it in AVI which is huge, some of my clips are 300MB with only a few minutes of play.

Anyway I installed ACIDRIP and ripped my AVI file to MPG, significanly reduced the size of the file, and the quality is still great, however because my wife will not use Ubuntu, I had to copy it back over to Vista, it will not play on Windows Media Player or Quicktime, says it cannot read the file, any idea's of what I can do?
These media players may not have the required codecs to play the video.

I suggest you try VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html for Windows XP/Vista) :)