PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] TV-out on a Zepto znote 6024W

jonwestin
July 30th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Hi. Im trying to get the tv out to work on my laptop with Hardy but no luck so far.

lspic:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

and xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Monitor "Configured Monitor"
Device "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

My graphic card is an Intel x3100 on a 965GM chipset.

I have no idea what to add and where.. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
/Jon

Tavathlon
August 15th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure about how to do it with an integrated graphics card, but a hint for other Zepto users who have bought their models with nvidia cards is this guide: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=98456

The thread is old, but it apparently still works - I just set up my computer according to it, and it works perfectly. However, I had to change one thing about the hardware: My TV-out is s-video, so of course that is what I used, and plugged it into a scart adapter. I only got greyscale this way, no colors however I tweaked around in xorg.conf. Finally, a friend told me that it would work if I put an adapter from s-video to composite between the cable and the scart, and it actually did work out when I tried that. This is apparently the case also in windows, since my friend is a win-user.

So sorry Jon, I can't really help you. But I figured that other Zepto users might find your thread...

jonwestin
August 23rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Ah thanks anyways mate, added you on msn for some Zepto/Ubuntu talk :)

Anyone else? Pliiiz?

jonwestin
August 27th, 2008, 06:25 PM
A little bump, really wanna get this working. I have a picture on the TV when the login page is loading but it disappears when Gnome loads.