PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Mouse for Graphic Designs

adewale
July 30th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Am thinking of getting a wireless mouse compatibile with ubuntu which has high sensitivity like 1000dpi, something for graphic designs. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Dragonbite
July 30th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I'm interested in any suggestions anybody has as well.

If you start looking for a tablet, I think the ONLY choice for Linux is Wacom. I have an Addesso and it doesn't work like a tablet, it works like a mouse.

eilu
July 30th, 2008, 10:59 PM
a gaming mouse maybe? A Logitech or a Razer (Copperhead is what I hear about most). I use an ordinary A4 tech optical mouse, you just need a steady hand and zoom.

adleyad
July 31st, 2008, 09:05 AM
Nice designs. Thanks for the info.

randipoling
July 31st, 2008, 09:58 AM
Right now, I'm using a MicroInnovations (mi) wireless keyboard/mouse combo from Wal-Mart (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8144837). The mouse is a Laser mouse at 1600dpi. It works really well.

If you are just looking for a mouse, and dont want to spend 40-90 dollars for one, heres this one aswell (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9208087), 1600dpi

lyceum
July 31st, 2008, 01:26 PM
If you just want a mouse I think Logitech is they way to go. As a graphic designer I say get a Wacom tablet. They are awesome. If you are left handed or ambidextrous (like me) get both and you can do even more ;)

Just FYI, the Wacom will work, but will need tweaking. Up until 7.10 my Wacom worked perfectly. For some reason after that I needed to work to get it to work. I am hoping this is something Ubuntu developers address in an upcoming release, but I fear they are more concerned with the server and other business type needs. It is still worth it though, so do not let that stop you. I would do a search and read the how-tos here in the forum to see which tablets were easiest to get working if you decide to go that rout.

:guitar:

adewale
July 31st, 2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys since am right handed, most likely i'd get a Wacom tablet and i hope the developers fix that soon, maybe we should make awareness for it, who know it might have slipped their minds.