PDA

View Full Version : easy MonoDevelop question (i hope!)

PetePete
July 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM
when creating a GUI, there is the designer view with the toolbox, well i've managed to delete the vbox container and a widget (can't remember which one)

anyway to restore them?

thanks

clash
July 29th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Ctrl + Z will undo so much

PetePete
July 29th, 2008, 08:54 AM
tried that at the time. didn't work.
anyway i've closed the app now.

still not there.

gwi
August 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I just did the same with the Entry (textbox) widget. It is no longer in the toolbox. How can I restore it?

@clash:
PetePete and I did not accidentally remove a widget from a designer window, but from the toolbox. Just press Delete when the toolbox has the focus, and instead of removing the selected widget from the designer window, it is silently removed from the toolbox. Ctrl-Z does nothing there.

PetePete
August 12th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I deleted a config file in my home dir which then restores the toolbar to defaults.

i THINK it was this file

~/.config/MonoDevelop/Toolbar.xml

I spoke to one of the devs on Irc about it and said he was going to file it as a bug.

gwi
August 12th, 2008, 01:35 PM
That's it! Thanks.

Actually I just (before reading your reply) replaced Toolbox.xml with the original one (which was created after installing MonoDevelop, and which was in a backup I made). This just contains an empty list

<ToolboxList />, with the same result: the list is re-created when MonoDevelop is started.

incubii
October 20th, 2008, 05:19 AM
I deleted a config file in my home dir which then restores the toolbar to defaults.

i THINK it was this file

~/.config/MonoDevelop/Toolbar.xml

I spoke to one of the devs on Irc about it and said he was going to file it as a bug.

Deleting that file fixed my issue when i deleted the menubar