PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Reso stuck at 800x600 max is 1024x768

Aspra
July 28th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I have been trying to figure out how to configure my resolution but everything i try doesn't work. I searched for the problem and found several forums about it but the solutions that worked didn't work for me.

the on board graphics is an intel 82810E DC-133 chip. the system is an old HP Pavilion and i think its a 500? not sure. I would also like to make sure i have all the right drivers for everything. Not sure how to do that.
(I'm using 8.04)

Thanks.

koji042
July 28th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Just go to Places > Computer > Filesystem > usr > share >applications and find the application called "Screens and Graphics". From there, it's just pretty much picking out your monitor from a list of companies or just go to generic and pick out the option that corresponds with your monitor. You might have to reset, I don't quite remember.

Hope that helps. :)

Aspra
July 28th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Just go to Places > Computer > Filesystem > usr > share >applications and find the application called "Screens and Graphics". From there, it's just pretty much picking out your monitor from a list of companies or just go to generic and pick out the option that corresponds with your monitor. You might have to reset, I don't quite remember.

Hope that helps. :)

worked great, the resolution is prefect. Thanks a lot! Do you know how to make sure the drivers all are right?

Aspra
July 28th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Now the "normal" Desktop Effects wont work. I turned them off when i installed ubuntu , was sluggish. but it worked when i first started. Now its saying it cant enable them.