PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Change Burn Speed in Brasero?

safetycopy
July 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to change the burn speed in Brasero? I keep burning coasters at the moment and I need to change it down to 4X or so... If it's not possible in Brasero, is there a decent alternative?

Sef
July 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
As an alternative, I use GnomeBaker. Applications > Add/Remove > Show: 'All Available Applications' > Search: GnomeBaker > Click on box next to GnomeBaker > apply changes > apply > close

rcdeacon
July 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Yes, K3B. It's in the repo's.

cariboo
July 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure if it works the same way in hardy, but click the burn button then the properties button and select the speed you want from burn speed.

Jim

rhodry
July 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to change the burn speed in Brasero? I keep burning coasters at the moment and I need to change it down to 4X or so... If it's not possible in Brasero, is there a decent alternative?

When you get to the "Burn" commit page there is a 'Properties' box next to the drive that has been detected. It is greyed out unless you have a disk in the drive.

Just click on the 'Properties' box and you can set the burn speed as one of the options in there.

rhodry

safetycopy
July 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks to you both! I think I'm going to try gnomebaker as I'm on dial-up and the download is smaller :-) I'll keep the other in mind though...

Edit: Missed the next two posts, so will try that before downloading anything else! Thanks again