PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gutsy, Hardy, Radeon, and Nvidia

rbjscv
July 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Well being a noob to Linny and Ubu I have to share what I've learned in my two week 8-12 hours sessions.

1. It's a good thing I like to read and learn things on my own.

2. It may be better to ask for advice (yes even for guys).

3. New isn't necessarily better both with OS's or hardware.

Now, that being said, I had gutsy running very well with an Ati Radeon card (have purposefully forgot model #). So I say, why not try out Hardy (which I had already had trouble with) again. But this time get a brand new Nvidia card to correct the problems that the old ATI one caused.

So I did. Another day spent trying to convince Mr. Hardy and Ms. Nvidia to play nice. Finally there was a divorce with Ms. Nvidia walking out back to BestBuy.

Now peace reigns again as Mr. Gutsy digests some 200 updates once again.

BTW to get my ATI card and flat screen Samsung monitor to make peace with Gutsy, I had to install OS with old CRT, then reboot, load restricted ATI driver, attach Samsung while rebooting and then life was FINALLY GREAT.

Other's experiences with start-up? I guess I want to share my pain.

And is what I did with my summer vacation.

And Finally My Most Grateful Thanks to All in the Community who pointed me in the RIGHT WAY>

00arthuryu
July 24th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I found my first experience quite different from yours, back then 6.06 was the latest ubuntu and I had some difficulty knowing how to get mp3s to work.
I spent a good 2 weeks trying to get beryl to work, as i saw it in youtube haha

:lolflag:

maybe this post is in the wrong section of the forum?