PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Remote Acess

Pasty-Flawss
July 24th, 2008, 08:36 AM
My neighbour is using my Wireless again and i was wondering how i could remotely access his computer and shut it down or something. Is there anyway to do this without it prompting me for any passwords? when i was in windows i could easily remote shutdown his computer through command prompt and i was wondering what i need to do to do this through terminal.

El Conquistador
July 24th, 2008, 08:40 AM
why not just secure your wireless with WEP or WPA? then no one can get in. well unless they REALLY want to especially if using WPA(2)

northern lights
July 24th, 2008, 08:41 AM
How was that possible under Windows? You saw your neighbor online, ran a command and his comp shut down? Without a backdoor or the like?
--> Never heard or seen similar.

As for the shared wireless - why would you not just simply encrypt (i.e. give it a password in the router settings) it?

Pasty-Flawss
July 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
i know but my mum likes it with no password ( she find its too slow) cause shes a noob.. but its much more fun remotely accessing there computer. Is there anyway i could do anything to him?

Pasty-Flawss
July 24th, 2008, 08:47 AM
i know his ip when i looked at DHCP clients in gateway.. its 10.1.1.6 is there anyway to get information on him because im not sure which neighbour it is. i tryed whois 10.1.1.6 but it was just some site.

El Conquistador
July 24th, 2008, 08:51 AM
ok well since your mom is a noob (lol you said it!) and thinks it makes the connection slower (it doesnt) ill tell you what to do. log into your router, look at the clients, get his MAC address, and put it under the blocked MAC address then that way your neighbor cant access your router all while still keeping mom happy. now as far as "the fun stuff" i used to be big into it when i was using windows so i know what you mean however as far as in the linux enviorment im not sure since i havent done much research on that topic (still trying to learn the in's and out's or linux...then the "fun" stuff)

Edit: ok so you have his IP (woot woot) well if all you want is info on him try Nmap and if you like GUI's use Zenmap as its front end

hyper_ch
July 24th, 2008, 08:51 AM
My neighbour is using my Wireless again and i was wondering how i could remotely access his computer and shut it down or something. Is there anyway to do this without it prompting me for any passwords?

This forum is no place to ask on how to hack other computers. I have reported your thread for that matter.

Pasty-Flawss
July 24th, 2008, 08:54 AM
gosh, you report me after helping me many times? when i was just starting to like you? .. oh well thanks for the help El Conquistador :) ill go do that now

northern lights
July 24th, 2008, 09:00 AM
is there anyway i could do anything to him?
How is this anything but a blatant request a tips to harm others?

gosh, you report me after helping me many times?What did you expect? Really, asking for ways to intrude your neighbors comp is not just a bit off the purpose of this forum...

I have reported your thread for that matter.
+1

overdrank
July 24th, 2008, 09:05 AM
My neighbour is using my Wireless again and i was wondering how i could remotely access his computer and shut it down or something. Is there anyway to do this without it prompting me for any passwords? when i was in windows i could easily remote shutdown his computer through command prompt and i was wondering what i need to do to do this through terminal.

I would have to tend to agree with the other posters. If your neighbor is using your wireless connections, then secure your secure your wireless with WEP or WPA.
As for hacking the neighbors system and asking the forums for help is not a good Idea.
closed for review.

matthew
July 24th, 2008, 12:43 PM
closed for review.

I have reviewed the thread. Sorry, messing with someone else's computer without their permission is not nice, and not something we wish to encourage in these forums. It may also be illegal, depending on your location. I agree with the suggestion to use WPA, and with the decision to close the thread.