PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] screen pattern problem

kevfitz
July 24th, 2008, 12:08 AM
When I installed ubuntu 8.04 the introduction screen that asks if you want to install is perfect. However when Ubuntu starts up the desktop has a pattern very similar to the pattern David Jones puts on their bags and you can barely make out what is actually on the desktop. their seems to be three of everything. Is this a new problem ? Is there a command line fix for this?

Separ
July 24th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Can you upload a screenshot of it?

loboc
July 24th, 2008, 12:21 AM
When I installed ubuntu 8.04 the introduction screen that asks if you want to install is perfect. However when Ubuntu starts up the desktop has a pattern very similar to the pattern David Jones puts on their bags and you can barely make out what is actually on the desktop. their seems to be three of everything. Is this a new problem ? Is there a command line fix for this?

Is The monitor not compatible with the display settings that the card is spitting out. I assume this is the livecd. Check if the monitor has a reccomended setting then try changing the display settings to match.

kevfitz
July 24th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Can you upload a screenshot of it?
No I can't as It is impossible to discipher the menues

loboc
July 24th, 2008, 05:53 AM
No I can't as It is impossible to discipher the menues

xrandr is a command line tool to change screen resolution though I 've never used it. It might not be on the cd.