PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] question about a book

thekidxp
July 23rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
I know this may sound a little stupid but i have a book on 7.10 and i needed something to learn on but i have 8.04 my only real question is should i look for a newer book or are they close enough where this book should be ok?

tamoneya
July 23rd, 2008, 10:55 PM
the book should be close enough. most commands that work in 7.10 also apply to 8.04 and the layout is very similar. If you run into some command that doesnt work google: "<command> ubuntu" and it should tell you what is different.

thekidxp
July 23rd, 2008, 10:58 PM
Thank you I really want to learn and i was just worried i wanted to make sure i was getting the right info, I can't wait to figure this out this seems like it should be a fun experience and I hope to become a lot better at this :)

tamoneya
July 23rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
honestly the best source for learning ubuntu that i know of is this forum. If you cant find the answer by searching the forums just post and you typically have a solution by the end of the day. People here are very willing to lend a hand to someone who is motivated to learn ubuntu but just needs some nudges in the right direction. (even if you need more than a nudge we will gladly help you)