PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 5.10 CDs arrived today.

ubuntp
November 6th, 2005, 02:08 PM
On a Sunday, yes.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4108/ub10ak.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2061/ub23an.jpg

etc
November 6th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Location?

Kyral
November 6th, 2005, 04:32 PM
When did you order them? Hopefully this means mine will be here sometime this week, I'm running out of ones that I snagged from Ubuntu Love ;P

Lovechild
November 6th, 2005, 04:34 PM
oh they are purdy

majikstreet
November 6th, 2005, 04:49 PM
thanks for the pictures! what do the actual cd's look like?

Lovechild
November 6th, 2005, 05:17 PM
thanks for the pictures! what do the actual cd's look like?

I'm pretty sure you can put your money on them being round :)

majikstreet
November 6th, 2005, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure you can put your money on them being round :)
heh... I thought they were printed with designs and stuff...

xequence
November 6th, 2005, 05:39 PM
heh... I thought they were printed with designs and stuff...

They are. They have a badger on them I think... The artist put the pictures on the internet some time ago.

rickmans
November 6th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I received them yesterday, cannot wait to give them to my collegues so they can try ubuntu :).

dmb
November 6th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Dude, awsom. i waiting for mine, i ordered mine a couple of weeks before badger was even released. People of have recieved them, where are you from? Also, can somone take a pik of the cds themselves?

ubuntp
November 6th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I ordered them on the same day they first became available for order, i don't remember when that was.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4360/ub39ug.jpg

majikstreet
November 6th, 2005, 09:54 PM
darn... no badger :(

cool though!

Master Shake
November 6th, 2005, 11:26 PM

Badgers? We don't need no steenking badgers!

(Bonus point if you can tell what movie that was from. :) )

Qrk
November 7th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Wasn't it a book?

MakubeX
November 7th, 2005, 12:19 AM

cool though!

Well, I have not received mine yet but I was expecting the ones place in the Gnome Art (or somewhere) to be the CDcover.. hmm..

panickedthumb
November 7th, 2005, 12:32 AM

UHF

Master Shake
November 7th, 2005, 12:49 AM
UHF

Ding ding ding!

Here's a brownie for you!

davidgypsy
November 7th, 2005, 12:58 AM
I only recieved my Hoary cd's 3 1/2 weeks before Breezy was released... I'm not holding my breath. ;)

HJThis
November 7th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Hey,All

Need to ask when you say CDs what are we talking
about here. 2 or more???

& where can i find info to buy them myself

Thank you

panickedthumb
November 7th, 2005, 01:18 AM
shipit.ubuntu.com

You don't need to buy them, they ship them to you for free! As many as you want (as long as it's not outrageous). I ordered 100 warty cds, and gave them out to people and had a friend give them out to his students.

Moonbuzz
November 7th, 2005, 08:59 AM

The actual Badger quote is from UHF, but it's based on the book/movie "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", just in case anyone wonders where the heel did that joke come from (originally it's badges, not badgers).

benplaut
November 7th, 2005, 09:02 AM
i ordered an hour after they opened up the lines, but i know i'll get mine a few weeks before dapper... f*ing hawaii :(

ubuntp
November 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM
i ordered an hour after they opened up the lines, but i know i'll get mine a few weeks before dapper... f*ing hawaii :(
I can offer you a deal, you get my CDs, and i move to hawaii! :D

MethodOne
November 8th, 2005, 01:12 AM
I got ten Hoary CDs before, but I haven't given them out. If my CDs were shipped on 9/30, will i get Breezy CDs? I saw at the shipit site that preorders were taken in the middle of September. I really hope I get some Breezy CDs soon.

benplaut
November 8th, 2005, 06:24 AM
I can offer you a deal, you get my CDs, and i move to hawaii! :D

deal! tickets are cheapest right about now, so buy yours today :P

circussideshow
November 8th, 2005, 06:41 AM
I'm in a fix. I offered to give ubuntu cds to about 20 people at work so far, but still no CDs from ubuntu? tell them to download it themselves? shoot!

Qrk
November 8th, 2005, 06:55 AM
I think its worth waiting. People equate burned CDs with pirated software, when really Ubuntu is about as far as you can get from pirated software (is it even possible to pirate Ubuntu?)

Linux already has the stigma of a hobbiest OS; giving someone a professional looking CD really does wonders when it comes to them giving the software a good try. And if you take an hour to install it for them; give them Java, Flash, and mp3 support; show them synaptic; open a .doc on openoffice; and set up their email with evolution, you've made a friend and a Linux user.

Thats the only thing really holding Linux back in the vast majority of the market. Its not the lack of games; most users don't game or have machines that can. Its not the lack of support, Ubuntu has much more free support than windows does. Its not the lack of hardware detection, Ubuntu supports a ton of hardware to the point where a problem is rare. Its not the usability, Gnome and KDE are more than competetive with Windows Luna.

No, the thing holding Linux back is that 90% of the users out there are afraid to give it a try, or they don't even know that it is an option.

Eversmann
November 8th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Amen brother to that.

I switched completly to linux on my bedroom computer and tried (and try) to make my family switch to ubuntu. It's awesome how it just runs and runs flawlessly. At the same computer, windows xp is giving me errors and problems.

I'm waiting for my cds too, but i'll have to wait more i suppose, being from spain. I want to spread the word at the college, and give the cds to my friends. I'm always talking about ubuntu and linux between them,and sometimes i wonder how can they, studying computers, don't know a word about ubuntu (some of them fedora and suse rings a bell, but nothing serious :-D ).

accoleon
November 8th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Has anyone from Singapore ordered or received the Breezy cds yet? I was wondering, since I live in a government apartment flat (most of us do), and how the package would be delivered (seeing the huge package in the poster's picture...), it wouldn't fit into my tiny mailbox!

Which brings up the next problem, what happens if the courier/deliveryman comes to your doorstep and you're not at home? Hmm..

A-star
November 8th, 2005, 02:00 PM
I think mine arrived too, my wife mailed me that there was a package for me which had some cd's in it.

That's quicker then the last time, my hoary cd's took 3 months before they arrived.

nsa_767
November 8th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Has anyone from Singapore ordered or received the Breezy cds yet? I was wondering, since I live in a government apartment flat (most of us do), and how the package would be delivered (seeing the huge package in the poster's picture...), it wouldn't fit into my tiny mailbox!

Which brings up the next problem, what happens if the courier/deliveryman comes to your doorstep and you're not at home? Hmm..

They'll leave you a note and tell you to pick up the package at the post office.

ubuntu27
November 9th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Oh! Man. Now that I see this thread, it makes me so exited that I look at the mail box three times a day !!

I can't wait for My CDs to arrive !!! :D

Come here baby Ubuntu !! :p

Toddy
November 9th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Just received my set of Breezy CDs. I'm located in Toronto, Canada. Ordered them very soon after Shipit opened.

adamb10
November 9th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I'm suprised how fast my cds came(came on Monday). They usually take like 4 months, they only took maybe 1 or 2.

Jussi Kukkonen
November 9th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Received 5 sets yesterday.
Location is Helsinki, Finland. Ordered during first possible week.

jdodson
November 9th, 2005, 06:08 PM
thanks for the pictures i was wondering what they looked like.

Cyfr
November 9th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Any UK people got them? Not that they'd send it in that order anyway but.. :p

Qrk
November 10th, 2005, 12:12 AM
I got mine today. And I've converted one person with them already.

tellyousomeday
November 10th, 2005, 12:38 AM
anybody from new york get them yet?

djheadley
November 10th, 2005, 01:31 AM
My Breezy CD's came today (Missouri, USA). I was one that didn't get Warty CD's. I've been playing with Breezy for about a week (downloaded - dialup :mad: ) but it was worth it. I only ordered 5 sets, so I have a few copies to make and send. Most of the people I know don't mind copied CD's - mostly techies. Now if I can only get NetZero to work....:-k

DJ

dmb
November 10th, 2005, 01:35 AM
I just got mine, in central NJ in the USA. They came in a box unlike before, which i guess is better because they arn't smooshed.

kewa
November 10th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Breezy CD's ordered 21 September arrived safely in UK today.

Collin
November 10th, 2005, 09:26 PM
got mine too however I ordered 40 cds but only got 3...

raublekick
November 10th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Still none in Pennsylvania for me :(

souled
November 10th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Anyone in California get theirs? I can't wait to get home in a few hours to check my mailbox (at shcool atm). Do they come in the mailbox or at the front door?

ubuntu27
November 10th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Anyone in California get theirs? I can't wait to get home in a few hours to check my mailbox (at shcool atm). Do they come in the mailbox or at the front door?

WHen I ordered Hoary long time ago, the packege was left inside the mailbox.

jeremy
November 11th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Got mine yesterday, a very pleasant surprise, espacially considering I only got my hoary disks about six weeks ago!

Cyfr
November 11th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Mine came yesterday in UK... only 5 out of 15 though. I'm not complaining, just I can't distribute ubuntu to a larger section of friends as easily :p

aerials
November 11th, 2005, 03:06 PM
My 5 CDs arrived in Switzerland today, ordered them at the first day possible ;)

Suzan
November 11th, 2005, 03:14 PM
My 3 CDs arrived totay here in germany. I've ordered soon as possible,too. :-)

Folken
November 11th, 2005, 03:20 PM
60 CDs on board, here in Warsaw, since yesterday. 200 more on a way :D

kvidell
November 13th, 2005, 12:28 AM
I live in California, and I _may_ have gotten them.
Are they coming in a box from The Netherlands?
A package showed up for me the other day apparently (I'm in Vermont right now), might that be it?
If so, I got mine!
- Kev

aSTeRiX
November 13th, 2005, 03:27 AM
I haven't received my 70 CDs yet. Still looking forward to them with anticipation! I've got a crap-load of people at school waiting for the moment in which I receive them. Sweet new look on the CDs. :D

dosed150
November 13th, 2005, 03:53 AM
i got mine on thursday i hadnt even ordered breezy i think i ordered hoary so late that i got sent breezy

chroniker
November 13th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Patiently waiting in Texas.

Pi rules
November 14th, 2005, 01:06 AM
I ordered some, but I was a little late, so I'm hoping to get them either this week or next. Here's my order, does anyone know about when to expect them?

2005-10-20: 15 CDs (sent to shipping company)

dolny
November 14th, 2005, 01:10 AM
60 CDs on board, here in Warsaw, since yesterday. 200 more on a way :D

Hello from Poznan ;-)
15 cds arrived about 2 days ago. Great. Gonna give them to the people ;)

23meg
November 14th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Got mine today; 20 x86, 3 ppc and 2 amd64, just as ordered.

rpaller
November 14th, 2005, 06:29 PM
2005-10-12: 5 CDs (sent to shipping company)

Waiting patiently in Michigan....

SomeGayDude
November 14th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I was so happy when I got the call that a package frum ubuntu came today. I rushed home and it was version 5.04. What a heart break!!! Anyways, I have 5 x86 and 1 AMD in anyone wants them. I am courius how long it was floating in the mail I did the shipit thingy back in May. They left the state off the address tag thingy. Have fun.

saphil
November 14th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I am eagerly awaiting mine as well. I teach at a small college in the Atlanta area and have been the Ubuntu-Linux evangelist there since I started. They have had linux classes for a while, and though my specialty is network security, I am going to teach some of the basics classes starting this quarter. Honestly, since I am self-taught or worse, taught by that harsh schoolmistress, Necessity, I expect to learn more than my students do.

It is so cool that the Breezy discs are arriving! Yayy!

I am in the middle of updating through synaptic and apt-get from Hoary and I think there is something queer about the upgrade for abiword. The whole thing froze up in the last third ofg the install over synaptic, and since I had completed the suggested pre-upgrade moves, I was a bit concerned. Praying to St Ubuntu, I cancelled the synaptic load after 8 hours of nothing happening, and ran apt-get dist-upgrade, which ran in about 3 minutes. The system is still working and the samba server (major concern, since this is my file server for the company and I don't want to crash it) is up and running.
I went to the Ubuntu updater, which said there were a whole bunch of packages that were not loading. No real surprise. Went back to synaptic and hit apply on all the upgrades and left for the night. Today, the thing was stuck where I had found it before. I decided to apply in small batches from the end of the alphabet, as I had a concern that it was aspell which was clogging the pipe. As I was upgrading the python stuff, aspell also went through. So now my prime suspect is abiword.

Anybody else having this sort of issue?

Wolf Halton
Smyrna GA, USA

Kapre
November 15th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I'm in Toronto, Canada and I just received my CDs. Will be giving it away tomorrow to some of my friends.

Cheers,

K

thread
November 15th, 2005, 03:31 AM
2005-09-27: 55 CDs (sent to shipping company)

. . . but I received only 2: 1 i386, 1 x86_64.

Does anybody know why this is happening? I saw a couple other posts reporting similar situations.

Kuolio
November 15th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I have ordered 35 cd's week after breezy was released, and when visiting shipit's webpage it says " 2005-10-19: 35 CDs (sent to shipping company)".

Any idea about when will they be arriving?

Strangerdave
November 16th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Here in Saskatchewan, Canada I just recieved my CDs and have successfully installed breezy on this system. All I can say is WOW, this rocks!

littlered
November 16th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Got mine on the 14th of November, and I'm very excited. :D I haven't been on Ubuntu for a while now and I kind of want to get back to it.

x LR

kagashe
November 16th, 2005, 05:32 PM
I had ordered 5 LIve+5 install PC CDs few days before the launch of Breezy.
I received them today and did fresh install over Hoary.

I am downloading linux-image-686 now.

kagashe

stoeptegel
November 16th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I orded them like 4 weeks ago and got them today :D I did a small paypal donation and i think so should you, they deserve it.

Kyral
November 16th, 2005, 08:20 PM
I got mine today. A massive box with 55 CD Packs. Needless to say even the people in the Linux lab thought I was completely NUTS.

Can you feel the Ubuntu Love?

Mighty Mik
November 16th, 2005, 11:20 PM
My disks arrived in Berkeley, CA monday.

mentat
November 17th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Hi! I live in Portugal, and my CDs arrived yesterday. I requested them late September, so it took a little less than 2 months...

drummer
November 17th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Hi! I live in Portugal, and my CDs arrived yesterday. I requested them late September, so it took a little less than 2 months...
Although the CDs wouldn't have been pressed til mid to late October, when final was released. So shipping didn't take the whole of those 2 months...

Still waiting on mine here in Australia, though... hopefully I'll get them in the next week or so. And before our little LAN Party I'm having where I can hand some out :D

towsonu2003
November 18th, 2005, 05:11 AM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE

mine came today!!
I started dancing outside my apartment... heheh

it turns out they came from netherlands!!

/me happy!

orbit
November 18th, 2005, 06:32 AM
2005-10-17: 3 CDs (sent to shipping company)

I live in Vancouver, Canada. I'm moving at the end of this month, however. Does anyone know if they should be here before December 1st? I don't want to waste these CDs. I don't think my current landlord is bright enough to hold them for me :)

orbit

futz
November 18th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Does anyone know if they should be here before December 1st? I'm moving at the end of this month,

Go immediately to your local Canada Post office (Pharmasave, probably) and fill out a form to have your mail forwarded to your new address for the next (I think) 6 months or whatever it is. I don't think they even charge for non-business customers, but if they do, it's totally worth the $30 or so.

It's easy and it works great. If you don't do it, you'll lose mail. You'll miss paying bills and have cheques bounce and all kinds of grief.

Do it.

RKCole
November 18th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Still new to the forums, and completely new to Linux altogether.

I placed an order for my Ubuntu CDs around the beginning of last week. I live in Ohio, and I'm really looking forward to working with Ubuntu.

I just have a really quick question (I've searched the forums for an answer, but thought maybe someone here could be of assistance): The status for the CDs (since Monday I believe) was changed to "CDs sent to shipping company". Anyone have an estimate as to how long the shipments would take to get through?

I'm really excited about getting Ubuntu, and I am very thankful for the free shipping, including postage. I'm planning on giving some of the CDs to friends of mine who are also looking forward to working with Ubuntu. I guess I'm a little over-excited. (lol)

Take care, everyone.

Master Shake
November 18th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Took me almost 2 months to getmy Hoary CD's

But I didn't mind it, as I forgot I ordered them. :)

mgor
November 18th, 2005, 08:48 PM
got my CD's today! (stockholm, sweden).
placed an order a week before breezy was released :)

derrick1985
November 18th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I got mine yesterday (missed the mailman, so it's physically mine today)

Nova Scotia, Canada.

Ordered the day shipit changed to 5.10

rpaller
November 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
Waiting patiently in Michigan....

CD's arrived yesterday. :smile:

RKCole
November 22nd, 2005, 02:48 PM
Michigan--great to hear! Maybe that will be good news for me here in Ohio. Looking forward to it (patiently but excitedly).

Take care.

Darrin
November 22nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
If anyone has any extra CDs they are willing to mail someone, click on the link in my signature and offer them there. Im sure someone will appreciate getting them before Christmas.

Darrin
November 22nd, 2005, 03:35 PM
I have ordered 35 cd's week after breezy was released, and when visiting shipit's webpage it says " 2005-10-19: 35 CDs (sent to shipping company)".

Any idea about when will they be arriving?
I ordered mine on the same day as you. Still waiting patiently

skittlemon
November 22nd, 2005, 04:58 PM
Woohoo!
I received my CDs today!
Laval, Quebec, Canada (just across the bridge from Montreal)

I ordered them around the official release, October 13 or something.

Have a good one.

raublekick
November 22nd, 2005, 06:53 PM
Finally got mine yesterday. I opened the package and left them sitting on the kitchen table in hopes that my mom and sister would take notice.

And it worked! Both of them asked me at different times what they were, so I gave a layman's terms explaination and warned them that I would be installing it on their computer soon.

drummer
November 23rd, 2005, 12:48 AM
Finally got mine yesterday. I opened the package and left them sitting on the kitchen table in hopes that my mom and sister would take notice.

And it worked! Both of them asked me at different times what they were, so I gave a layman's terms explaination and warned them that I would be installing it on their computer soon.
Good work :D
I still haven't got Ubuntu onto my mum's computer, but she needs things like InDesign and Photoshop (I don't think she'd like to have to learn Gimp). Ubuntu is on the other 2 computers in my house though, and I have Slackware on my print server. So just one lone Windows PC here, perhaps I could persuade her to let me install Mepis or Kubuntu dual boot and buy a copy of crossover office for photoshop.. here's hoping.

And still waiting for my CDs here in Sydney, Australia.

BinaryDigit
November 23rd, 2005, 03:28 AM
Got mine on Saturday here in NY :D Ordered them before the shipit date

aSTeRiX
November 23rd, 2005, 03:35 AM
I got my shipit cd's last Friday. 30 x86-32, 20 x86-64, and 20 ppc. Thank you!

nwillis
November 23rd, 2005, 05:15 AM
Got mine today, Abilene TX. Ordered just days before the official release.

They look really nice, too. Hoary CD cases I got were bent out of shape on the corners and had some torn pockets; these are pristine.

N

futz
November 23rd, 2005, 05:52 AM
Got mine yesterday. Vancouver, B.C.

kumakun
November 23rd, 2005, 07:46 PM
I got mine today, but they probably arrived sometime in the last 3 days. I ordered them the first day shipit opened for Breezy. So, Wisconsin, USA checking in. :) Now to finish building the new computer to put it all on..muahahahahaa...

/K

Rotarychainsaw
November 23rd, 2005, 09:41 PM
got mine, ordered like after breezy was official. In NJ. So far 0 out of 7 live cds work :( hopefully one of the next ones will.

drummer
November 25th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Mine arrived today :D (Sydney, Australia)
Very noice, all ready to be given out to unsuspecting future Linux converts ;)

benplaut
November 25th, 2005, 06:40 AM
i got mine 2 days ago... very timely!

Pi rules
November 25th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Mine still didn't come (also from WI), but I'm sure they will soon! :)

Here are the details:

15 CDs requested in 2005-10-20. 3 CDs approved and sent to the shipping company in 2005-10-26. Please note orders usually take from 4 to 6 weeks to deliver, depending on the country of shipping.

Why does it say 3 CDs approved?

aSTeRiX
November 25th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Mine still didn't come (also from WI), but I'm sure they will soon! :)

Here are the details:

Why does it say 3 CDs approved?
Perhaps they ran out of CD's.

MemoryDump
November 28th, 2005, 02:01 PM
got my all my cd's on Friday! Hooray!
I'm in Canada

nsa_767
November 28th, 2005, 04:23 PM
My CD arrived today.... (I'm in South Africa) Will upgrade tomorrow...

Elrohir
November 28th, 2005, 07:10 PM
still waiting for mine... Guayaquil, Guayas (Ecuador, South America)... hope they arrive soon...

Tipo
November 28th, 2005, 07:27 PM
3 CDs requested in 2005-11-19. 3 CDs approved and sent to the shipping company in 2005-11-23.

*starts waiting patiently*:)

kingsidy
November 28th, 2005, 07:48 PM
requested mine the same day there were available on shipit, got it about 2 weeks ago. Although i already burned a copy on October 13th, it is nice to have those. I got 10 cds gave out most of them and kept a couple for myself cuz they are nicer than the one i burned

ilmw
November 28th, 2005, 07:51 PM
It's strange that I have to re-submit request today! So how long will it take to get to me finally? Hope it's not 3 months.

Do I have to request CDs for each new release? Thanks!

Ahriman
November 28th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I got mine in the mail yesterday (Tamworth, Australia). I wasn't sure if they would be coming this side of christmas, though, but I sure am glad they did! :)

unwoken
November 29th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Got my CD's today (Melbourne, Australia). :D

Very excited. I've already converted one person to download Ubuntu - they couldn't wait for the CD's to arrive.

Time to work on a few more people... :p

u.

Pi rules
November 29th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Got my CD's today (Melbourne, Australia).

Very excited. I've already converted one person to download Ubuntu - they couldn't wait for the CD's to arrive.

Time to work on a few more people...

u.
Me too, although I'm in the US. :)

I only got three (one PC, one Mac, one 64-bit) out of fifteen, though, but I requested more to spread out to my friends. I must have requested some in a busy time or something. Oh well, I'm just glad I got some! Thanks to everyone involved! :wave:

Now it's time to convince people they need Linux in addition to, or replacing Windows...(I use like 5 distros in addition to Linux; I still use XP[-X ) ;)

zenrox
November 29th, 2005, 06:13 AM
got mine 10-x86 3-x64 2-ppc
washinton state ,usa

Kuolio
November 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Yes, after a long wait my Ubuntu-cd's are here! And right on time, as I ordered them to give out after my "Linux Installation and Desktop Use" demo next week at a techie conference at my uni. yey!

Elrohir
November 29th, 2005, 05:26 PM
and they arrived today!! hoorray!!! gonna install on weekend... funny how I recieved them... I'll tell you...

I usually dont come back home during the day (work and university)... but because I left something behind, I came back and just when I arrived the mail man was at my door... damn! I saw a white package... did a quick search with my eyes and what do I see?? ubuntu with black thick letters!! I felt so good at that point!! yay!!

the thing now is that I started tu upgrade yasterday thru repos... now, I dunno what to do... should I continue, or cancel and go with the disks... AAHHH!!! anyone??

lavarock09
November 29th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I got mine yesterday...

In a nice little box...

I'm in the UK and I think I ordered them about 4-5 weeks+ ago...

ilmw
December 1st, 2005, 06:24 AM
25 CDs requested in 2005-11-28. 25 CDs approved and sent to the shipping company in 2005-11-30. Please note orders usually take from 4 to 6 weeks to deliver, depending on the country of shipping.

Is this normal?

linkunderscore
December 1st, 2005, 06:40 AM
I got mine about 3-ish days ago. Could have been sooner but I was out of town so I don't really know.

I live in Blacksburg, VA.

solarcontrol
December 1st, 2005, 07:34 AM
Got my 5 today.
Very nice product.

I find that since I end up installing linux for most of my victims, they dont care much about the cd.
I might as well throw it away as give it to someone that cant use it, so I'll be using mine to "sell" Ubuntu but I wont give em out fast.

For the majority (that may or may not be genuinely interested or may or may not know much more than how to turn on their machine), I just give em a burned live cd and let em get back to me if they like it enough for an install.

It's amazing and discouraging at once to see how many people dont even understand the simple phrase "boot your computer from the cd" and even though I explain what to do, they take it home and put it in from their windows desktop and later tell me they "couldnt get it to work".
Some simply dont even understand the concept of a different operating system - or even what one is.
It's almost as if they think Windows is part of their hardware..

Sadder still is the fact that half of these people have been teachers (I push it on the schools my kids attend)..

Still I trudge on, spreading the Gospel Of The Tux to anyone I can.
It's too cool not to.
;)

aSTeRiX
December 1st, 2005, 05:21 PM
A few of my friends just received their CD's and it's spreading quickly through my school. So far everyones loved it and I'm really suprised because there are some windows enthusiasts that love it too.

scragar
August 18th, 2008, 08:02 AM
EDIT: sorry, script in testing messed up.

Bachstelze
August 18th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Bump win!

Giant Speck
August 18th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Zombie thread! Run!

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/213/e/f/Panic_by_EdwardGrey.gif

sstusick
August 18th, 2008, 08:23 AM

:lolflag::lolflag:

When I saw this thread under New Posts I wondered why this ancient thing was bumped up :lolflag:

-grubby
August 18th, 2008, 08:38 AM

/facepalm

Masoris
August 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I received Ubuntu 5.10 CDs 3 years ago. Did you receive that today? You are so late. :lolflag:
BTW Ubuntu 5.10 CDs' something unique, it has 2 CDs, one is Install CD, other one is Live CD. Today's Ubuntu CD is merged those together.

lisati
August 18th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I've never had a 5.10 CD, the oldest I have is for 7.04.....

-grubby
August 18th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I've never had a 5.10 CD, the oldest I have is for 7.04.....

I tried warty in a VM once, Ubuntu has certainly come a long way.

For old ubuntu isos :

http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/

lukjad007
August 18th, 2008, 10:33 AM
This is... amazing. How misser could miss the BUMP thread and 6k! HKeep it up! More for the rest of us.

sstusick
August 18th, 2008, 10:38 AM
This is... amazing. How misser could miss the BUMP thread and 6k! HKeep it up! More for the rest of us.

:lolflag:

scragar
August 18th, 2008, 10:39 AM
it was an accident, the autoBUMP script messed up(it bumped post no 520091, not thread no 520091 :| ), autobump is fixed now anyway.

anyway, now I've got an autoBUMP script the next k marker is mine for sure(even if I go to sleep the script is relentless :P)

Warpnow
August 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM
5.10 was the first Ubuntu I ever used.

First linux I ever ran for longer than 10 minutes.

It amuses me seeing this post. :D

billgoldberg
August 18th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I just got mine a few days ago.

The first time I bother ordering some.

I got a desktop and server edition and some stickers :p

They got here fast too, in under two weeks.

scragar
August 18th, 2008, 11:59 AM
5.10, 2 weeks, few days ago?

You on the right thread?

billgoldberg
August 18th, 2008, 12:04 PM
5.10, 2 weeks, few days ago?

You on the right thread?

I missed the 5.10 part.

:lolflag:

--

Who on earth would revive such an old thread?

I thought that wasn't even possible anymore.

scragar
August 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM
it was an accident, I've already said sorry for it.

Sef
August 18th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Post Locked. Necromancing.

Bachstelze
August 18th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Post Locked. Necromancing.

Ohnoes :(

LaRoza
August 18th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Ohnoes :(

It could be a very late delivery....

Bachstelze