PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update ubuntu CD's?

ethoxyethaan
July 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
when ubuntu updates libraries and other stuff do they update the downloadable live cd?

because i help allot of users in my region with the installation of debian builds.

every time i install ubuntu from my installation disk it has to update 300 MB of files. i was wondering if the ubunut cd's on the main pages get updated with the latest fixes or do i need to download them?

alzie
July 22nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
You'll still need to download the updates.

Maybe you should look at APTonCD here: http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/

You can download the updates from the repos and burn them to cd/dvd with this so that when you set up a machine you have all the updates on hand with no individual downloading for each machine. Its in the repositories. Check it out

I hope this helps

Rocket2DMn
July 22nd, 2008, 06:10 PM
They don't update the LiveCD every time updates are made available, but they do create a decimal release (ex: 8.04.1) which contain the updates up to the date it was created. There will be a couple of these created for Hardy since it as a LTS release.

snowpine
July 22nd, 2008, 06:15 PM
It would be overwhelming from a logistical and tech support point of view if CDs with the same version number had different contents and different versions of things. Hence 8.04.1.