PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Can't get ATI 7500 to work on my laptop

Miklas
July 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Hi all, i'm new to ubuntu and i have version 8.04. The problem is that the 7500 ATI mobility radeon in this laptop doesn't work (I think, since everything is rendered by my processor)

I have read alot of topics on the forum, and asked help on the IRC,but none of the things I tried (Compiz, EnvyNG, ... ) worked.

This are some specifications :
ATI 7500 radeon
2 GHZ intel
512 mb ram

Its an old laptop, but when it was running windows, i could play some FPS shooters, and now i can barely scroll on a internet page.

Thx for help :)

overdrank
July 22nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Hi all, i'm new to ubuntu and i have version 8.04. The problem is that the 7500 ATI mobility radeon in this laptop doesn't work (I think, since everything is rendered by my processor)

I have read alot of topics on the forum, and asked help on the IRC,but none of the things I tried (Compiz, EnvyNG, ... ) worked.

This are some specifications :
ATI 7500 radeon
2 GHZ intel
512 mb ram

Its an old laptop, but when it was running windows, i could play some FPS shooters, and now i can barely scroll on a internet page.

Thx for help :)
Hi and have you seen this thread
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=764633
I have a laptop with this graphics and I will try and install Hardy to see if I can help. First you may check the amount of memory shared with the graphics and if it is adjustable in the bios.

Miklas
July 22nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
It works now. It was on 4 MB, i changed it to 256 mb, and now it runs smoothly.

Never tought it was such an easy thing!! :)

Thank you!

overdrank
July 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
It works now. It was on 4 MB, i changed it to 256 mb, and now it runs smoothly.

Never tought it was such an easy thing!! :)

Thank you!

Great and could you mark this thread as solved use the thread tools. Thanks :KS

Edit became Mod and marked it solved :)