PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] drivers for new thinkpads' switchable graphics?

kedmond
July 22nd, 2008, 03:05 AM
Hey guys,
I posted this question earlier, but people seem to have ignored it. The new Montevina chipset from Intel supports the ability to switch between your onboard graphics and a dedicated graphics card. Upcoming laptops, like the new Thinkpad T series, will have this feature. I know that Windows supports this feature. Does Ubuntu?

-kedmond

overdrank
July 22nd, 2008, 03:27 AM
Hey guys,
I posted this question earlier, but people seem to have ignored it. The new Montevina chipset from Intel supports the ability to switch between your onboard graphics and a dedicated graphics card. Upcoming laptops, like the new Thinkpad T series, will have this feature. I know that Windows supports this feature. Does Ubuntu?

-kedmond

Hi and are you speaking of this thread?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=865617
Please do not make multiple threads on the same subject as you could simply bump your thread.
As for you question, It would be hard to say IMO if the laptop had not been put into service. It is possible to use Two graphics cards in Ubuntu so my first response would be anything is possible. :)

kedmond
July 23rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
Sorry for not bumping. I didn't know that I could do that. Thanks for the reply.

-Kazem