PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox flash and drop-down menus

matt17y
July 20th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Hi,
I have been a very happy ubuntu/mint user for a quite some time now.. I have had no major issues that have made me want to return to XP, especially since macromedia finally updated their linux version of the flash plugin..

The problem that I have with flash though is that whenever I visit a site in firefox, NBA.com, for example, that has both flash content and drop down menus.. the menus always appear behind the flash content and I cannot see to the entries in the menus..

This problem has never occured on windows in firefox or IE. I have tried several different distros and versions of the flash player (currently using the beta 10) and the problem remains.. Has anyone else experience this problem and possibly found a solution?

Thanks.

sunset_studies
July 20th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Are you talking about the problem discussed here? http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2008/07/turkish_localization_also_wmod.html ('Windowless Mode'). Is your flash player more recent than this blog post?

matt17y
July 20th, 2008, 05:46 PM
No, thank you. Im glad to see that they have finally fixed this issue that had been nagging me for so long.