PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Flash Player Compatibility with USB Microphones

ndelp
July 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'm running ubuntu 8.04, have a logitech communicate stx webcam which has a built in microphone and is connected via usb.

My microphone works fine in any application where i can select the driver (skype, etc), but for some reason Flash 9 won't recognize it when i go to select it. (im using it for stickam.com) which uses flash.

the only device which it will locate is the default linux microphone. is this just a flash issue or is there some kind of driver which i would need for flash, or could i just make my usb mic fall under the linux microphone by editing some file.

thanks for reading that mangled mess and any insight would be more than helpful. thanks again!

SubGenius13013
November 10th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I use a set of Bose Companion 5 USB speakers and I also have a Logitech USB headset (in addition to the crappy on-board sound my motherboard came with). Everything works perfectly as is under PulseAudio except Flash Player, which will only work with ALSA. The only way I could get it to recognize the USB headset was to create a killall pulseaudio startup command, blacklist the onboard sound, unplug my Bose speakers and restart. It's a pain... I thought PulseAudio was supposed to make everyone's life easier!