PDA

View Full Version : Building My Resume By Helping Open Source

coreyxjessica
July 16th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Hello everyone, I am taking Computer Science in the fall and I wanted to know what are some things I can do with Ubuntu or other distros to build me resume. I was thinking things along the lines of building open source software, bug testing alpha software and maybe even fixing bugs. Let me know if those things would be resume worthy and possibly some other things anyone can think of adding. Thanks in advance.

madjr
July 16th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Hello everyone, I am taking Computer Science in the fall and I wanted to know what are some things I can do with Ubuntu or other distros to build me resume. I was thinking things along the lines of building open source software, bug testing alpha software and maybe even fixing bugs. Let me know if those things would be resume worthy and possibly some other things anyone can think of adding. Thanks in advance.

becoming part of one of the many different ubuntu teams is the best way to go.

look at the ubuntu website to see how you can contribute.

Employers value a lot how you manage to work in a team

you will learn a lot and at the same time you get to meet interesting and hard working people that can further help you with your resume (they can even be of reference if your employer needs it)

look for the team that best suits you.

coreyxjessica
July 16th, 2008, 05:46 AM
becoming part of one of the many different ubuntu teams is the best way to go.

look at the ubuntu website to see how you can contribute.

Employers value a lot how you manage to work in a team

you will learn a lot and at the same time you get to meet interesting and hard working people that can further help you with your resume (they can even be of reference if your employer needs it)

Wow thanks for everything. Do you think I'd be able to join a development team without really knowing that much programming? I only have basic coding skills. If I could join one and learn from them, then that would be amazing.