PDA

View Full Version : Scraped Windows XP offa my HDD at last... and I feel GOOD!!

t0p
July 15th, 2008, 06:56 PM
For a long time I've been running a dual-boot machine, Ubuntu and XP. But the only OS I've used for some time is Ubuntu. I haven't booted into XP since I installed Gutsy, back when it first came out. I've just been using the ******* partition as storage for mp3s and stuff.

So, last night I installed Hardy on my box. And, since I haven't felt the need to use XP in months, I decided to scrape that crud offa my HDD.

Yep, there'll be no more dual-booting Microsoft rubbish any more!! My computer is a single-OS machine now... Ubuntu ain't sharing the box with anyone now... and I feel liberated! I cut the apron-strings and freed myself from the tyranny that is *******!!

*sings* I feel good... like I knew that I would... I feel good... Yeahhh!!!

gn2
July 15th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I know what that feels like and it's good. Very good. :-)

aaaantoine
July 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM
It is a sweet victory.

I haven't had native Windows installed on this laptop since November. However, I'm still dependent on a Windows license. One of my needed programs, SQL Server Management Studio Express, does not run in wine, so I am forced to run it in a Windows install in VirtualBox.

Canis familiaris
July 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I understand that great feeling. I had that feeling till two months after I purchased my new PC.
But sadly I had install XP just to run PES, CoD 4.(No it didnt work in WINE, it had more to ATI fault rather than WINE's)

madjr
July 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Yea it feels good !!

like when i finally got rid of my ACNE :)