PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] laptop battery problem?????

coolman121
July 15th, 2008, 04:53 PM
with ubuntu it seems that when my laptop is unplugged it messes up and freezes or mouse never works , this only happen when i havent used it in a while any suggestions????

carrarin
July 15th, 2008, 04:57 PM
how much power do you have in your battery? ubuntu gives a little applet you can put on your bar, that will tell you how much power you have left in the batt

coolman121
July 15th, 2008, 04:59 PM
ussually full or half never lower ..... ive got about 5 hours out of full so .......

carrarin
July 15th, 2008, 05:01 PM
you said it works when its plugged in. how about after youve left it for a while pluged in

carrarin
July 15th, 2008, 05:04 PM
probably its not the op system. do a google search on your lptp and find out if other ppl have been having the same prob. your lptp may just be falling apart, how old is the lptp. could be the mboard. souds similar to my old tower. it would freeze intermitenly. for no reason at all. replaced the mboard and it was fixed.

coolman121
July 15th, 2008, 05:17 PM
trust me my laptop is brand new and noone has this laptop because its custom from voodoo ............... and it is the os because i have tried xp and vista none of them have random freezes i was wondering if anyone had the samew problem and there was a fix and nothing different happens when it was plugged in for a while..........

carrarin
July 15th, 2008, 05:19 PM
do you surf the net with that lptp

coolman121
July 15th, 2008, 05:23 PM
yes obviously .......... and i also have a problem with plugging a mouse n during start up.........

carrarin
July 15th, 2008, 07:41 PM
no. i thought maybe, you had some sort of virus, or a corrupted file.

are sure there isnt something wrong with the hardware. you said that the problem was intermittent right? if the problem is happens directly after you physically does something on the comp, open a program, surf the net etc... theres a problem with the os. otherwise...
but hey im not an expert.

the mouse. maybe the drivers are proprietary.

how long have you had the lptp and how long has this problem been going on for

ubuntu may just be incompatible with you lptp. i dont know. linux has a weird thing with lptps.

jbrown96
July 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM
You need to check out the system logs and see if you can see if anything is happening when it freezes. There's not much that can be done until there is some sort of known cause.
When it freezes, is it completely frozen or is it just the mouse?