PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wierd problem Hardy Heron on a thinkpad T60p

treyphan
July 15th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Every time I launch an app "or anything for that matter" it opens twice?
Any suggestions on what to look for? Note I am running Kiba dock and I'm wondering if that might have anything to do with it?

HELP!!!! :)

coffeecat
July 15th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Are you double-clicking?

treyphan
July 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
No, I have even tried right clicking and selecting "launch". Hmm I'm kinda bumbed because I am wondering if it is Kiba doing it :(. Kiba seemed to be a lot more solid then AWN "which was giving me a lot of trouble". But now I'm wondering if I'm worse off.

coffeecat
July 15th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear you had problems with AWN. I'm very pleased with it - haven't had any problems. In fact it's there at the bottom of my desktop as I type now. Might be worth another try. You know of course that you have to have compiz enabled to run AWN?

treyphan
July 15th, 2008, 04:53 PM
First of all.. I LOVE the ubuntu community! It blows my mind how quickly people respond!

I have compiz enabled and actually would be willing to give AWN another shot. Actually the compiz comment made me think of another thing that could be happening here. I am using the Mac4Lin theme via emerald but it has never quite themed correctly "i've had a few odd problems here and there" how can I make absolutely sure that emerald isn't fighting with another theme manager? I suspect that maybe it is and that is why this strange behavior is happening.