PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Troubles with opera/firefox

MaPeD
July 9th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Hi.

I'm having some troubles with web browsers: Opera and Firefox. Some sites like youtube or gamespot behave strangely: there is no background or animations, all links are placed in a column. I cant pin point when did it start so i don't know where to look. Just now i found out that buttons in Post New Thread window do not work. Both of my PCs are affected so it must be some of the resent updates. I'm on Hardy 64bit

Heres an example of gamespot page

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm159/n0ise_m4ker/Screenshot-1.png

Thanks in advance

MaPeD
July 12th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Ive spend like three days trying to figure that out.. Installed and reinstalled firefox2, firefox 3.. Tryed everything possible. Ive even deleted all pluggins, folders anything that has to do with firefox or had firefox in its name. surely that created problems like missing packages and unmet dependencies. Ive started pulling my hairs out in frustration. Today i had to go to nVidia site to check something out. typed nvidia.com in the adress line and all i got was: Page Not Found. I dont know why but i decided to pull out the wire from the router and plug it in directly in to the box. and suddenly everything started working again. all pages load as they should, i see all the flash.
i took the router and smashed it into the wall.
i feel better now