PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Getting my WinTV PVR-150 to work

SuperPudge
July 8th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hello,
I have searched through a few posts, but none have fixed my problem. I'm trying to backup some VHS tapes onto DVD/my computer but have not been successful. I have ivtv installed, as well as the CSMonkeyTVRemote (which appears to work). I prefer to use a GUI vs command line, but setting up is fine with the command line as long as I have complete instructions. Are there any other softwares out there that I can use? What about the software that came with the card and use wine? I have tried Myth, but wasn't able to get that to work either.

I have the capture card hooked up with composite/RCA cables to my VCR, is this possible or do I Have to use a coaxial cable?

I'm running 8.04, AM2 3500+, 250Gb SATA, Asus M2NPV-VM, w/ 1.5gb DDR2.

wolfen69
July 8th, 2008, 11:34 PM
i suggest hooking up your vcr by coax cable. then:

ivtv-tune -c3 (i'm assuming it will use channel 3) then:
cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/any_name.mpg and it should record it to the /tmp directory. remember to leave the terminal open while recording. to stop it, do ctrl-c. good luck. let us know how it turned out.

SuperPudge
July 10th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Ok, I have the video working now - but no sound. Is there a simple way of starting to record while I'm watching a video? like a record button add on for my CSMonkeyTVRemote?