PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A couple questions

adobrakic
July 8th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Firstly, sorry for the overly-generic & cliche thread name. I have more than one question to address, and I had no clue what to name the thread.

Question one:

I get this message in my terminal:

You have to configure "localepurge" with the command

dpkg-reconfigure localepurge

to make /usr/sbin/localepurge actually start to function.

Nothing to be done, exiting ...

I did the command that I'm given, but I'm not sure what options to choose. I'm afraid I'll mess something up.

Question Two:

When my computers booting up, after the grub menu, the loading screen shows the 'Kubuntu' loading screen, instead of the 'Ubuntu' one. This isn't really a big deal, every thing loads how I want it to, I just thought it was a bit weird.

Question Three:

When I'm shutting down, I get a black screen with a lot of text. It seems like a lot of it is errors, but I'm not sure how to check what it is. Should I be worried about this?

sayakb
July 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM
1. Do it with a sudo

sudo dpkg-reconfigure localepurge2. Install Startupmanager.

sudo apt-get install startupmanagerGoto System->Administration->Startup-Manager and click on Appearance tab and change the Usplash theme below to ubuntu-theme-usplash

3. Its not much to worry about, probably some Network Manager related errors.

adobrakic
July 8th, 2008, 10:39 PM
1. Do it with a sudo

Yeah, i do that. But when it asks me to choose locale files, and it looks like it has hundreds of options, I have no idea what to choose.

Thanks for the other answers. :)

ibuclaw
July 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM
If you are english, scroll down and choose all the en-* options.

There will be stuff like en-GB and en-US in there. I think there is en-ZW too. But all should be english, and it's best to highlight them, just incase ;)

Regards
Iain