PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] dvd::rip stops midway while decrypting

sgr123
July 8th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I'm on hardy and have all the required libs from medibuntu repository for dvd::rip to work (also have followed medibuntu howto). I am able to view/play dvds fine.

For almost all dvds I try to rip with dvd::rip, the decrypt/rip stops midway, at 70% with no obvious error message. the log when it stalls looks something like this:
Rip - title #1: 70% done
Executing command: execflow tcprobe -H 25 -i /media/sda3/dvdrip/dvd/vob/001/ && echo EXECFLOW_OK

What could be the issue?
I couldn't get any solution even after extensive search over the net. Hence posting here.

forger
July 8th, 2008, 09:06 PM
just to be sure, try:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall libdvdcss2 libdvdread3

You could try ripping with thoggen, much easier, could do the trick:

sudo apt-get install thoggen

switch10
December 23rd, 2009, 10:08 PM
just to be sure, try:

You could try ripping with thoggen, much easier, could do the trick:

I am having the same problem ripping dvd's with DVDRIP. thoggen works great but the quality is not so good.

I tried the above and apt couldn't find the above packages in 9.10.

I did this to install the updated version of libdvdread.

sudo apt-get install libdvdread4 vlc && sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh

I am trying to rip a dvd right now, I will post back if this works..

switch10
December 23rd, 2009, 10:18 PM
I am having the same problem ripping dvd's with DVDRIP. thoggen works great but the quality is not so good.

I tried the above and apt couldn't find the above packages in 9.10.

I did this to install the updated version of libdvdread.

sudo apt-get install libdvdread4 vlc && sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread4/install-css.sh

I am trying to rip a dvd right now, I will post back if this works..

hmm. this didn't work. I am still having this same problem. While encoding, the process stops at about 75% and thats it. I have tried many different DVD's, and they always work with thoggen dvd ripper.

anyone have any ideas on whats going on?? I'm on Ubuntu 9.10..

cboy
January 17th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I'm having the same problem in ubuntu 9.10, stalls after 75% progress.. :(

Rasheeke
January 28th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I do am having this issue on karmic.

An (unacceptable) fix is I tell dvd:rip to initially rip the movie and then the longer special features. It stops at 75% but this time 75% is when it's partway through ripping something I don't want to transcode, so I save then close dvd::rip then continue from there.