PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Zune on Ubuntu.

ronaldmonster
July 8th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Hi there. I heard a program called Crossover can now use Zune and it's listed on it's website. I downloaded the trial version and I can't seem to get it installed, I get an error either administrative or extraction.

Can anyone help? My friend told me that it works perfectly and reactions were positive all over the internet, but I think he was full of hot air since I can't find a thing on how to make it work. Any help is appreciated and please don't say anything bad about Microsoft and how I should get another mp3 player :/

mister_pink
July 8th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I don't have a zune and I've never used crossover, but if the error is that you don't have administrator privileges then you need to run the file from a terminal, with "sudo" added to the start.

Have you tried wine for the zune software? It's similar to crossover but free. Its in the repos so you can install it in the normal way (via synaptic). I don't actually know if it will work though.

xodus1
July 8th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Zune only works with windows via virtual or actual windows install, I use zune also, Zune and Blackberry are the main reason why I still have a windows partition