PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Rosegarden midi problems

hazardous_waster
July 7th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I've been trying to figure out this problems for a few days now before putting a post on here but now I've come to a dead end and hope someone can help me as I cant find anyone else who has had a problem like this

I had a few problems setting up Rosegarden, the usual midi problems, but that's all sorted and its working great, getting sound out no prob's ... what my problem is is that not all my midi "soundfonts" (I think that's the right word) are working about half, meaning when I am trying to write some music I only have about half the instruments I need, annoyingly no drums whatsoever, there ARE some on my list of instruments (about 128 items on my general midi device) but I switch it over to say snare drum and there isn't any sound at all, switch it back to piano say and it starts working again, it looks like its playing it still (timeline moves etc) but just no audio ...

So any ideas why that would be? how to fix it or how to get more sound effects? especially any percussion and drum kit sounds?

Regards Haz

mummerx
August 19th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I would also be interested in the answer. Pretty please?
-- MummerX