View Full Version : [ubuntu] hanns.g and nvidfia probs

July 6th, 2008, 09:16 PM
hi there,
ived tried to search for a relevant thread but cannot find one.

i have ubuntu hardy on my computer with a PNY Nvidia 6200 128 graphics card and a hanns.g HC174D lcd flat panel.

when i first installed ubuntu it gave me an option to turn on the 3d graphics capabilitys of my geforce card by enabling the restricted hardware drivers. all seemed good and it asked me to reboot for the settings to take effect.

when i rebooted all seemed fine, the loading screen came up crystal clear then it loaded just the background wallpaper and nothing else. i heard bongos (the ones that you hear when you have to login) but could just see the wallpaper. just out of interest i typed in my login details (blind) and the screen went blank for a moment, the harddrive light was going off like it normally does but yet i could still only see the wallpaper.

obviously its loading ok in the background but i cant see anything other than the heron wallaper.

ive tried everything ive found in other peoples post such as changing the xorg.conf to show nvidia instead of nv and vice versa but to no avail.

does anyone know of a fix for this?

cheers in adavnce