PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] major problem here (struggled to post this)

vistasucksss
July 6th, 2008, 09:25 AM
for some reason while customizing my desktop through the advanced desktop effects settings my desktop has literally shrank and it is now difficult to click on any given icon with my mouse pointer. i was in general options toggling the amount of virtual desktops and watching them in the 'cube spin'

to further explain this i will say that there is just a white border around my desktop now. when trying to click on 'system' at the top of the screen my mouse has to be about 5 cm above the actual icon (probably where the menu would normally be if my desktop did not shrink) and the distance varies from other clickable items on the screen (i had to hover my mouse a little bit under the link to 'ubuntu forums'

i know this may sound weird but the point is that the desktop has shrank but i believe that virtually the placement of icons and buttons are the same.. this really plays tricks on my hand-eye coordination!

i would appreciate anyones help on bringing my desktop back to normal. i did restart and it is still the same. thanks in advance.

vistasucksss
July 6th, 2008, 09:37 AM
ok i figured it out.. i had the horizontal virtual size set to 1 and this made my desktop shrink. i guess it needs to be 2 or more to avoid this ever happening..