PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Uninstalling Software via Terminal

theravenproject
July 5th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I have some programs installed-Tor and Privoxy to be exact-which I want to completely remove from my system and then reinstall because they are not working...How do I do this via command shell? I have used the synaptic and it doesn't always completely rm the files in question and I want to be able to dothis not only now but for maintenance purposes. Please advise

HalPomeranz
July 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
sudo apt-get purge tor privoxy

theravenproject
July 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks a mil man peace!

mrjosebatute
May 20th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I have two problems pls help

1. I have just installed lightscribe for linux message says that " its already installed" but I cant find the icon in the desk top.

2. I also want to unintall the real player cause its not working. Can someone help me uninstall it using terminal? pls. thx!

musamusa
December 15th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Thank you :)

Ms. Daisy
December 16th, 2011, 12:33 AM
I have two problems pls help

1. I have just installed lightscribe for linux message says that " its already installed" but I cant find the icon in the desk top.

2. I also want to unintall the real player cause its not working. Can someone help me uninstall it using terminal? pls. thx!
Hello mrjosebatute
You would be better off creating a new thread. The one you posted in is solved so not many people will look at it to help you.
When you make a new post, tell which distro you're running (like Ubuntu 11.10 or Kubuntu 11.04).

oldos2er
December 16th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Closed, necromancy.