PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do i restore a file from trash in 7.10 ?

sharks
July 5th, 2008, 03:11 PM
How do i restore a file from trash in 7.10 ? i know i cant. can i import this feature from 8.04 to use in 7.10?

scragar
July 5th, 2008, 03:16 PM
trash is just a folder within your home folder, so just open your home folder, navigate to .trash and move the file out to anywhere you want.

Victormd
July 5th, 2008, 03:17 PM
When a file is sent to the trash, it's stored in a hidden folder in your home directory

cd ~/.Trash
If you haven't emptied your trash can, then the files should be there. If you deleted a file from an external drive or extra partition, then the .Trash directory will be in the root of that device.

sayakb
July 5th, 2008, 03:26 PM
When a file is sent to the trash, it's stored in a hidden folder in your home directory

If you haven't emptied your trash can, then the files should be there. If you deleted a file from an external drive or extra partition, then the .Trash directory will be in the root of that device.

The trash folder is no longer ~/.Trash but ~/.local/share/Trash/files

@OP
As scragar said, just Cut the file from the trash and Paste it anywhere.

Elfy
July 5th, 2008, 03:30 PM
The trash folder is no longer ~/.Trash but ~/.local/share/Trash/filesIn Hardy - the op is running Gutsy 7.10 :)

sayakb
July 5th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Ouch.. point taken. Missed the topic? .. duh

Elfy
July 5th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Yea - :) - I do it all the time, got it from my mum - she can read a 2 page letter and make it mean what she want's and then moan about the content, another 20 years and I too will be an oap

As an aside - while the prefix thing has saved a lot of heartache - why open a xubuntu question if you have no idea - but I do wish it could refer to versions instead.

nowshining
July 6th, 2008, 03:25 AM
in kde - u just press ctrl+z on the desktop to restore it. :) or go into the trash can and right-click and click restore.