PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Cant Record Sound From My Speakers-just buzzing noise.

Dutch70
July 5th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Hi, ...Update on post #8

I can no longer record sound from my speakers,:( I have tried it with streamripper, and recordmydesktop. It used to work fine, but now all I get is a loud buzzing noise when I play it. I really need to get this fixed.

Everything I have been able to find on it, is if you get no sound at all, I've been working on it for a couple days and dont know what else to do.

Does anyone know how I can get this fixed?

PinkFloyd102489
July 5th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Open the Volume Control. Hit Edit and select Preferences. Check the boxes beside Capture and Mix. A new tab will pop up called Switches. Select Mix and then go to the Recording tab. Make sure there's a little picture of a microphone at the bottom. Adjust the capture level as needed.

Mix is the sound that is leaving the sound card. What you just did will pipe it into the recording program you decide to use.

Dutch70
July 5th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the reply!:)

Actually, I dont even have one that says mix.

PinkFloyd102489
July 5th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Then I guess your soundcard doesnt support recording from the stereo mix. Sorry. :-(

EDIT: You could get a small cable with headphone plugs on each end and run it from the Line Out to Line In, then enable the Line-In capture.

Dutch70
July 5th, 2008, 05:28 AM
About a week ago, it worked fine. So that is not the issue, but thanks anyway!:)

I have messed with some of the settings in there(before this problem occured) so if nothing else you gave me something else to look into, maybe, I done something that caused it.

anyone else have any ideas?

Dutch70
July 5th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Bump :(

Does anyone have any idea on why I get this buzzing noise on playback, when I try to use things like "recordmydesktop" and "sound recorder" and streamtuner/streamripper?

I just used it about a week ago and it worked fine, I really need these programs to work, and am considering a complete reinstall if I dont get it figured out. That would be just horrible at this point!

Any other suggestions Please help?

Dutch70
July 7th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Update:

I finally had to log onto vista to do some guitar recording. and "good news" I think :confused: anyway, I cant record sound in vista either.
The good news is, it's not my Ubuntu, right? The bad news is I cant record at all.

update 0.2.5.1::lolflag: I called HP support for vista, they had me go into sound properties, and change the levels and it is working great there.
I cant do anything without being able to record sound in Ubuntu!
Does this give anyone any new ideas as to what the problem might be? Please!

tonychar
August 10th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Go back into the << Recording Level >> settings, and adjust the volume to about a quarter.

The buzzing is because they are set too high, the sound is there, but it's recorded at such a high level, it totaly distorts out.